2020 Jets Season: Misc. Talk

Bianconero

7 minutes ago, Bianconero said:

What is actually with this? Watching the Jets is incompetence that you don't see from ANY other team

It is down right sad. I love football so much and I love the Jets even more but its the worst product in the NFL. It has gotten so bad that there really is no end in sight. They need  program building coach before anything else. I cant stress it enough. A first time HC whose a hot coordinator isnt the answer it'll just be rinse wash repeat.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ekill08x said:

They need  program building coach before anything else. I cant stress it enough. A first time HC whose a hot coordinator isnt the answer it'll just be rinse wash repeat.

Harbaugh but he's not leaving Michigan.

Steve Belichick is the next big thing from what I've seen but 1. He'll never work for us and 2. It's still too early.

Picking a head coach is probably harder than finding a Quarterback.

1 minute ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Steve Belichick is the next big thing from what I've seen but 1. He'll never work for us and 2. It's still too early.

Would not be so sure about Harbaugh...I feel they may be forcing him out because their expectations of mediocre recruiting is unreasonable. We will see though.

I dont want Belichicks kid. Hes made to stay and work for dad. Has the personality of a rock lol.

We are certainly good at picking the wrong coaches that is for sure.

1 minute ago, ekill08x said:

Would not be so sure about Harbaugh...I feel they may be forcing him out because their expectations of mediocre recruiting is unreasonable. We will see though.

I dont want Belichicks kid. Hes made to stay and work for dad. Has the personality of a rock lol.

We are certainly good at picking the wrong coaches that is for sure.

The thing is, and I believe this, we have been so bad for so long I dont know if its the coaches or the players. Is it both? It cant be.

44 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Lincoln Riley would be cool but doubt he leaves.

59 minutes ago, NewAge said:

Lincoln Riley would be cool but doubt he leaves.

I think it Gase is fired then Douglas, if he’s in control of the search, would want someone more in line with his way of thinking. I think a CEO like Head Coach would be the target rather than someone who’s an expert on one side of the ball. 

8 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

The thing is, and I believe this, we have been so bad for so long I dont know if its the coaches or the players. Is it both? It cant be.

One thing we seem to be particularly awful at is keeping our good players around.

Adams should've been a Jet for life.

Revis should've been a Jet for life.

We somehow went from an embarrassment of riches at DL with Wilkerson, Richardson, and Snacks to losing everyone / keeping the least motivated one.

In the rare case where we actually draft top-level talent, we sure as hell don't do much with it (exception being Revis at the head of our '09 and '10 playoff years).

• Like 1

Some adjustments we need to make going forward are this IMO.....

The interior of the OL was bad. The OTs looked good. The talent is there with the 3 interior guys so challenge them, call them out, OLineman respond to being beat down if they have talent.

Have to get the outside WRs involved. It's easy for a defense to defend you when 1/2 the field is taken away. Screen passes aren't the answer to this and the OT play is good enough to give Sam time. He has to hit throws.

Figure out who we need to start at CB. Desir was awful. If he doesn't practice well this week. He needs to be benched. Austin held his own and the S play was good. So that outside CB spot needs to have someone answer (maybe Wilson).

ILB needs to be figured out. Hopefully Avery is back. But not sure how severe Cashman's injury is. But Ogletree needs to maybe get called up after a week of practice. I'd personally like to see Avery and Ogletree out there starting Sunday.