2020 Jets Season: Misc. Talk

Bianconero

12 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

If we can land the 1st pick. This franchise should really be able to turn things around fast.

Hopefully we can get the right HC in here to lead this team And get the most out of the roster.

TLaw with hopefully some added weapons and an upgraded OL is something to get excited about.

As well as I think we will go after an edge finally.

WOAH lets not get carried away Bobby lol

10 hours ago, ekill08x said:

WOAH lets not get carried away Bobby lol

With 90mill and very few players to resign of our own... we can hand out several bog contracts. Its about quality for me this offseason not quantity. I'd rather see us spend big on 3 guys and a couple tier 2 guys than sign 1 big guy and 8-10 OK guys.

Unfortunately Dupree may be a tough get now that his ACL is messed up. He may not be ready for week 1 meaning he will not pass a physical.  The good news he may be willing to sign a one year prove it deal for less than what he would have received.

Personally I’d like us to aim for 2 high level offensive players in FA, specifically 1 OG and 1 WR, followed by mid level FA spread out on defense and depth. I DONT want to splurge money on another high priced defensive player like we have in the past. For me and A+ FA for me would probably haul in:

OG Joe Thuney

WR JuJu Smith-Schuster

WR Kendrick Bourne

EDGE Romeo Okawara

CB Kevin King

RB Jamal Williams

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Dr.O said:

Personally I’d like us to aim for 2 high level offensive players in FA, specifically 1 OG and 1 WR, followed by mid level FA spread out on defense and depth. I DONT want to splurge money on another high priced defensive player like we have in the past. For me and A+ FA for me would probably haul in:

OG Joe Thuney

WR JuJu Smith-Schuster

WR Kendrick Bourne

EDGE Romeo Okawara

CB Kevin King

RB Jamal Williams

Very similar to what I have us doing in my mock next week. Nearly identical

31 minutes ago, Dr.O said:

OG Joe Thuney

WR JuJu Smith-Schuster

WR Kendrick Bourne

EDGE Romeo Okawara

CB Kevin King

RB Jamal Williams

I like it. Thuney or Linsey is good. Not the biggest JuJu fan but I would not get uptight. Replace Bourne with a TE or resign Perriman since WR may be an early draft pick for us. Love King and Williams.

5 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

I agree 100%. Most of these FA want nothing to do with the Jets. We are the new Cleveland Browns of the 2020's.

We get the 1st pick and get an intriguing HC like a Brady or someone... players will want to come here. And as I keep having to mention. 1/2 the league pretty much cant sign big FAs. So the pool of competition is 1/2 the amount

5 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

I agree 100%. Most of these FA want nothing to do with the Jets. We are the new Cleveland Browns of the 2020's.

It’s not even that, but that could play a factor. 

I just don’t see JD going after these big ticket free agents that you really have to pay for. He doesn’t overpay, and like you just said, there’s a chance we might have to. 

Just now, Bobby816 said:

We get the 1st pick and get an intriguing HC like a Brady or someone... players will want to come here. And as I keep having to mention. 1/2 the league pretty much cant sign big FAs. So the pool of competition is 1/2 the amount

A lot of people were saying this last year