2020 Jets Season: Misc. Talk

Bianconero

3 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Leo had a darn good game and a great season as well. Just thought I'd point that out ;)

I noticed he was lined up as more of a 3-T or even 4T yesterday. With the Jets he was more of a 1T or 2T. Could it be we played him out of position and the Giants figured it out where we could not?

Just now, xenajets said:

Obviously I want us to lose out and get the #1 pick but my god how refreshing was it seeing Johnson and Adams running the football. Will only be 23 & 24 years old by the time NEXT year starts......add them to Perine and I like what we have got going there. 

Will be very happy if they can run well for Jets because I ain't a big fan of drafting RB that high.  Catching ability will remain a concern in case if new regime wants fast pass offense.

1 hour ago, JetsandI said:

Will be very happy if they can run well for Jets because I ain't a big fan of drafting RB that high.  Catching ability will remain a concern in case if new regime wants fast pass offense.

I think between the three young guys we have enough there. Like being realistic our run game looked great on Sunday and that’s with two players who weren’t even on the opening day roster. 

12 hours ago, xenajets said:

I think between the three young guys we have enough there. Like being realistic our run game looked great on Sunday and that’s with two players who weren’t even on the opening day roster. 

That was mainly do to a poor rush D for LV and Becton and Elf being great run blockers. The story here is more that Elf needs to be kept and starting for us at OG and is an answer for us at 1 of our OG spots. Get another guy in FA or the draft for the other spot and we have a darn good OL.

15 hours ago, xenajets said:

Obviously I want us to lose out and get the #1 pick but my god how refreshing was it seeing Johnson and Adams running the football. Will only be 23 & 24 years old by the time NEXT year starts......add them to Perine and I like what we have got going there. 

These 2 RB are not RB you want starting in week 1 next year. These guys are players that are PS guys and back of the roster type guys. They are terrible at pass blocking and their hands are not that great. They are more like your 3rd down back at best. There is a reason these guys have been on a few teams already. The only reason they looked good is the Raiders have been struggling big time against the run. We will see how they do against a good D like the Rams. My bet is you guys will think they suck and need to be cut. 

1 hour ago, jetfuel34 said:

These 2 RB are not RB you want starting in week 1 next year. These guys are players that are PS guys and back of the roster type guys. They are terrible at pass blocking and their hands are not that great. They are more like your 3rd down back at best. There is a reason these guys have been on a few teams already. The only reason they looked good is the Raiders have been struggling big time against the run. We will see how they do against a good D like the Rams. My bet is you guys will think they suck and need to be cut. 

Ty Johnson has looked better than our 4th round back the entire season and it’s not even really close. I still want to draft and sign a back and may the best 3 make the team.

Whether it be through the draft or FA... we cant roll into next year thinking Ty, Perine and Adams are enough. Need more fire power there for a rookie QB. That's not me saying go and spend big on a FA RB or use a very high pick on a guy. But it needs to have more talent in that RB group than that. 

35 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Whether it be through the draft or FA... we cant roll into next year thinking Ty, Perine and Adams are enough. Need more fire power there for a rookie QB. That's not me saying go and spend big on a FA RB or use a very high pick on a guy. But it needs to have more talent in that RB group than that. 

I would bring in a back like Fournette who may want to compete to get the bulk of the load again and draft a back maybe in round 3. Let the  other guys fight for the last spot. Doesn’t have to be Fournette but I wouldn’t be upset if it was either. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

I would bring in a back like Fournette who may want to compete to get the bulk of the load again and draft a back maybe in round 3. Let the  other guys fight for the last spot. Doesn’t have to be Fournette but I wouldn’t be upset if it was either. 

Ya a Fournette type guy would be good. Johnson and Adams just don't have it to be a lead back. I would even take Aaron Jones who has shown he can be an every down back. 

3 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

That was mainly do to a poor rush D for LV and Becton and Elf being great run blockers. The story here is more that Elf needs to be kept and starting for us at OG and is an answer for us at 1 of our OG spots. Get another guy in FA or the draft for the other spot and we have a darn good OL.

I’m not sure I just see a spark in Johnson and Adam’s really impressed me too. Maybe having the three young guys and an older vet like @ekill08x said in Fournette would be a good way to go. Fresh and fast was refreshing to see on Sunday though. 

2 hours ago, jetfuel34 said:

Meh I don’t know....Lev Bell looked all worldly and we paid him a fortune and that didn’t end up good. The two kids looked real good on Sunday and added to Perine and maybe another guy in FA and that’s a high potential running back stable. 

16 hours ago, xenajets said:

Gase is known for poor utilizing RB so if Ty and his explosion makes result of 20+ carries and 85+ rushing yards every game to the end of the season then we have a good news for RB plan for JD.   Lions have been awful at utilizing RB under Bob Quinn's tenure as GM.   Let's see if Ty can actually beat those idiotic adversaries to be a solid RB (either #1 or #2 spot).

1 hour ago, ekill08x said:

I like the lines more of guys like Jamaal Williams, Marlon Mack, Philip Lindsay. Those type of guys. Wont cost a ton, but are proven.

A guy like Aaron Jones will cost top dollar. And I don't want to spend that on RB,