2020 Jets Season: Misc. Talk

Bianconero

1 minute ago, Heymangold said:

Think of it this way.  Do you like Fields or Wilson now, or Sam Howell next year?  

say we go with Sam again and he’s average but clearly not the answer and we end up with pick 12 or 13.  Then what?

Exactly. Drafting at 2 and the way Darnold has played makes it nearly a no brained that you have to go QB at 2. Whether that’s Fields or Wilson I think is a good debate. But to say we should go in any direction besides that. I just can’t see that side of the debate.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Exactly. Drafting at 2 and the way Darnold has played makes it nearly a no brained that you have to go QB at 2. Whether that’s Fields or Wilson I think is a good debate. But to say we should go in any direction besides that. I just can’t see that side of the debate.

And say Sam has a great year - everyone comfortable giving him a 25M+ contract and ending up like the Eagles or Rams?  I know I’m not.

11 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

I think he goes the depth route, I can see us targeting Ross, Snead(Ravens connection) and bringing back Perriman. 

We honestly dont know how good our WR core can be until we get them a Quarterback.

I mean our WR core looked ok when Flacco was at QB for a good stretch, not saying we don’t need WR help bad but a healthy year 2 Mims with a new QB could be a huge difference 

On 12/26/2020 at 11:54 AM, Bobby816 said:

I would be shocked if we took anybody but a QB with our second overall pick in the draft. We all gave Darnold a pass for two years, but he has not shown this year at he is our QB of going forward, the only passes he completes is to Crowder, he does very little with Perriman & Mims, who is averaging 15 yards a catch which is great, but can't get the ball in Mims hands. And we have a much improved O line, not great but we are getting there. There is no question Darnold, has a strong arm great size and can moves and is a good kid, just can't seem to put it all together. It seems to me he is getting absolutely no help at from Gase. Who was brought in because he so great with young QB's. which is a total joke.