2020 Jets Season: Misc. Talk

Bianconero

1 minute ago, Bianconero said:

What's funny about that is that we have bottomed out 2-3 in the last 10 years and its just an endless cycle of "re-building" from the bottom of the barrel

and yet win just enough games to draft guys who dont contribute. Imagine Nick Bosa over Q? Completely changes our defense. 

• Like 1

In Joe Douglas's pro background resume-

Bears as director of scouting:

WR Kevin White in 1st round of 2015.

Eagles as Vice president of player personel:

WR Mack Hollins in 4th round of 2017.

WR JJ Arcega-Whiteside in 2nd round of 2019.

👉 12 total of WR signing for one year. Notable: Alshon Jeffery.

Jets as General Manager:

WR Denzel Mims in 2nd round of 2020. (One out of 20 good prospects)

One WR signing for one season.

4 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

But we beat someone late in the year of Darnold’s rookie year and it was great for his confidence. We would have drafted #1 that year. 

Well that confidence didnt last very long...but yeah i do agree because at the time that win in buffalo was great for him. fast forward...wtf has happened.

55 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

Well that confidence didnt last very long...but yeah i do agree because at the time that win in buffalo was great for him. fast forward...wtf has happened.

Unfortunately Sam has yet to recapture that magic from the Bulls-Texans-GB stretch 

Total hypothetical but what do you think Sam would fetch on the open market if he had another up and down season and flashed in a few games like he's done to start his career.  The Jets landed Lawrence or Fields because they want to start fresh with a new QB and HC.

And no I'm not ready to trade Sam.  I'd much rather have the top pick and be able trade it for a kings ransom but I guess that is a pipe dream because if we land number 1 that means Sam is bad.

Back to the question.  Does he bring a late 1st back from a team like PIT, NO, INDY, TB etc who may be looking to bring in a young QB in hopes to continue to be a contender rather than go for an older vet or hit the draft?