WK 1 : Let it die

Nabbs4u

7 minutes ago, aussie_eagle said:

Pederson should not be able to use injuries as an excuse. Either a deep run this season or he should be fired. They should consider benching Wentz next week given his selfishness this game. Time to make a stand don't care who you are if you don't do the team thing you are not playing.

Play calling was terrible. Doug never adapted to the shortcomings in personnel, he called the same game when thing were crumbling down.

3 minutes ago, Daimonas said:

I don't understand how people are saying the playcalling started off great. It literally started the same and continued through the whole game, washington just adjusted. 

Because they actually used some nice play actions with motions and misdirection. After that it was just straight dropbacks with nothing.

2 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

This season has had disaster written all over it since big Brandon went down. 

What sucks is if we continue this and pick top ten, we’ll probably go oline and not even get anyone cool out of it like Micah or Chase.

Just now, EAGLES3658 said:

Because they actually used some nice play actions with motions and misdirection. After that it was just straight dropbacks with nothing.

There were a few bootlegs and 1 misdirection on a blown up TE screen.

Edited by Daimonas

1 minute ago, Jeezla said:

I expected ups and downs from Carson, but these downs are atrocious. 

When was the last time he was this down? Falcons 1st half last year?... He had excuse of rib injury + no Djax and then Alshon and Goeddert getting hurt pregame. I really have no idea what to make of this one. Obviously he had pressure in his face all day, our OL is injury riddled and trash right now, but he didn't handle it well. Took sacks he didn't need to, overthrew when he had time. Saints in 2018 comes to mind, but again he went on IR shortly after that game.

Fully healthy, had weapons, playing a bad team... this is probably the worst football he played since his rookie year. How can that happen in year 5, after your 1st healthy offseason in years? All I can say is I am incredibly disappointed, worried, and glad we drafted Hurts. Not at all suggesting I'm giving up on Wentz or suddenly don't view him as franchise guy... BUT, it's really not normal to have these kind of performances, ever. Next few games will tell us a lot more, and whether this was some sort of fluke.

Doug has been disregarding the preseason the past seasons and has been a big reason of our slow starts the past two years. Now with no PS and no off season whatsoever is a recipe for disaster for a team with trouble with injuries and to find that takes its time to get into the games. 

Also, blowing leads has been a staple of Doug's Eagles.

Edited by Broadway Joe

2 minutes ago, Broadway Joe said:

Play calling was terrible. Doug never adapted to the shortcomings in personnel, he called the same game when thing were crumbling down.

Playcalling did not make Wentz try and evade a sack which then made the FG attempt too far at 17-10. He is unbelievably selfish and I feel that wont change unless they tell him you aren't playing unless you play team first.

Just now, aussie_eagle said:

Playcalling did not make Wentz try and evade a sack which then made the FG attempt too far at 17-10. He is unbelievably selfish and I feel that wont change unless they tell him you aren't playing unless you play team first.

It certainly put Wentz into that situation time and time again

4 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

What sucks is if we continue this and pick top ten, we’ll probably go oline and not even get anyone cool out of it like Micah or Chase.

They won't pick top 10. They will win just enough games to make it look like they were close to competing which will ruin any chance at a high pick or rebuild.