WK 1 : Let it die

Nabbs4u

21 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Only if we win. If we lose than this loss means almost nothing aside from divisional record.

but if the Rams beat you guys, they will surely beat the team that just lost to Dwayne Haskins and his nameless squad, while you guys will still be favored to beat them 2x. Not to mention we have the Packers and Saints, you guys get the Vikings and Falcons.

28 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

It isn't all on Wentz but he did play terrible. The oline played worse, but we are starting Kelce, an old Peters, and a bunch of bums. This was bound to happen vs Kerrigan, the guy who has dominated us his entire career.

I think Wentz played worse relative to expectations. He gave up every inch of ground we accumulated in that game. Gave it all back. If he doesn't do that, then the OL performance is pretty irrelevant. It starts and ends with him. I'm not so sure that's a good place to be right now going forward.

5 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

You'll beat WAS both times so we're already behind the 8 ball. We have to somehow pull out a W against one of the best teams in the league, or sweep you guys. There aren't that many paths to the division crown, and none of them are easy.

It will feel a lot better if you beat LAR next week. You'll forget about this. Rammy has already started it up on PHI, so might be a sweet W if you get it. It's only week 1.

I would like to take the time to look at the small positives

We actually scores on our first drive for the first time in a hot second. 

Driscoll before he got injured, didn’t look too bad against that DL. 

our DL will be a strength this season when Hargrave and Barnett are back. We need to keep rotating our DL in/out of the game. 

If Lane was a game time decision I think that means he’ll be playing next week barring any setbacks. 

Jason Peters finished a game. He definitely took some plays off but I’d rather that than removing himself for half the game and Pryor/Mailata going in for him. 

Dallas Goedert is making an even better case for not giving Ertz and extension after today. 

Josh Sweat looks poised to build upon his last season. 

Jalen Mills and the rest of our secondary didn’t get burned on double moves. 

We burned Ronald Darby on a double move lol

I went 6-3 predicting the early game spreads. Eagles, colts(-8) and dolphins(+7) were my three loses  

obviously we are all angry and ready to bring out the pitchforks and torches but this game was an excellent game to learn early about what we need to improve upon for next game. While Carson took a dump today, I expect that he’s going to put up fire next week to prove that he actually isn’t trash. 

Edited by oland11
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

It will feel a lot better if you beat LAR next week. You'll forget about this. Rammy has already started it up on PHI, so might be a sweet W if you get it. It's only week 1.

Kinda makes next week a must win, which is telling of how important this game was. Not loving our chances next week tbh.

1 minute ago, eagles18 said:

the positive is there are not to many front 7s as dominant as washingtons. OL completely collapsed... its hard to play quarterback when you can't trust your protection. 

This too. The amount of talent stacked on that DL reminds me of Strahan, Tuck, Osi, JPP and the other Giants DLs of the late 2000s. I’m definitely worried about the cowboys front 7 but the WFT’s front 4 is on another level. 

• Like 1

Just now, oland11 said:

This too. The amount of talent stacked on that DL reminds me of Strahan, Tuck, Osi, JPP and the other Giants DLs of the late 2000s. I’m definitely worried about the cowboys front 7 but the WFT’s front 4 is on another level. 

5 first round draft picks and Chase Young is as advertised 

• Like 1