WK 1 : Let it die

Nabbs4u

I'm being incredibly negative, but I'm so sick of this boys. Injuries, blown leads, vanilla playcalling, Wentz not getting rid of the ball, etc. We've been a mediocre team for years. It sucks that Roseman is going to be calling the shots for a while

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

That's absurd,  flip it around at least. No QB, not 1 plays well when getting sandblasted every other snap. When they become Deer in Headlights, anticipating getting hit even when there is a perfect pocket.

Yes he us absolutely to blame,  but that was probably the worst beating I've seen an Eagles QB have to endure since the Mike Vick game where he was sacked damn near 8x, hit just as many more.

Pederson's inability to adapt his game plan accordingly with that pressure damn sure didn't help.

Turnovers costed us that game. He threw them. Bad throws. L is on him. And missed a couple homeruns too. 

7 minutes ago, RBreezy said:

I'm being incredibly negative, but I'm so sick of this boys. Injuries, blown leads, vanilla playcalling, Wentz not getting rid of the ball, etc. We've been a mediocre team for years. It sucks that Roseman is going to be calling the shots for a while

We sold our souls for that parade. We’re paying the price.

.................Worth it

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

We sold our souls for that parade. We’re paying the price.

.................Worth it

Yeah absolutely lol. It just sucks that they couldn't parlay that win into being a consistent contender that goes deep in the playoffs

I want to extend the winning as much as anyone but can’t pretend like we haven’t been very successful in Doug’s tenure. Nothing is ever perfect and waiting for everything to be perfect so we can really see what Doug and Carson have will never happen. There’s always injuries, always money issues, drafting issues, etc. It’s whether they are winning in spite of these things and they have been. 3 of 4 years in playoffs, a SB win. Not sure if I would have asked for anything more when he was hired. He’s got one less win than Andy Reid in the same span for the Eagles. Really just want to see the team mostly fully healthy and as intended by Howie and Co. before I really start nitpicking. This is a big transition year from old to young. Hopefully they can compete and transition the roster in the next couple years. 

We'll be okay. Just play more like the 1st half and not the 2nd. Hightower didn't have a good game. Curry, Graham, Driscoll, went down on the line. DJax looks hurt. Those are my long-term concerns because overall this team seemed to prepare well for this game but didn't execute and momentum turned late. It happens, we've probably seen the worst of Washington last year because they have Rivera, Chase young and an amazing d-line to start winning games. They might have a decent year.

Edited by Wentz2Ertz

2 hours ago, Jroc04 said:

This is a big transition year from old to young. Hopefully they can compete and transition the roster in the next couple years. 

Defense is pretty old, Cox, BG, Slay, Malik, all will be in their twilight or off team by time we could do any transition or mini rebuild. Only young notable defenders are Hargraves and I guess Sweat?

14 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Speaking of Cox, that man needs to be better. We don’t pay him just be a run stopper. Need him pushing the pocket consistently.

Yeah he needs to step up, was about to defend him, thinking he was getting his usual dose of doubles+...but every play I watched he was 1on1 and not having his way like he should.

7 hours ago, Daimonas said:

The two picks looked more like poor chemistry on routes than it was being pressured.

True, but you call comeback routes because they don't take long to develop aka we couldn't block for longer than 2 seconds and everyone knew it including Washington's secondary. I put this on Doug for not realizing that and continuously calling back shoulder throws which accounted for both picks and what should have been a 3rd that was dropped by Fabian Moroueou (however you spell it).