Final Season Predictions

WindyCity

48 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

Our wins came against a bunch of backup QBs as well.

We had luck for both ways.

3 games, two different teams. Let's not exaggerate. And those backup QB's played against our backup DE, backup ILBers, backup CB, and Jackson playing out of position. 

And we still played the hardest offensive schedule in the league. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JAF-N72EX said:

3 games, two different teams. Let's not exaggerate. And those backup QB's played against our backup DE, backup ILBers, backup CB, and Jackson playing out of position. 

And we still played the hardest offensive schedule in the league. 

There was luck both ways.

This team was as close to 6-10 as they were 10-6.

31 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

Because I'm a glass half full kind of guy I'm going to go with a 10-6 overall record prediction and that Trubisky comes out and has a respectable season and silences a lot of his critics.

I would love for Mitch to have a great season and to his playoff press conference where a "*$%# PFF" Shirt

1 hour ago, topwop1 said:

Because I'm a glass half full kind of guy I'm going to go with a 10-6 overall record prediction and that Trubisky comes out and has a respectable season and silences a lot of his critics.

That would be best case scenario and a welcome one. This team finishing 3-13 would have to have the entire defense on IR. 

Edited by GOGRIESE

Around a bottom 10 offense and a top 5 defense make the team's record look better than it should be at 9-7

An early and poorly played playoff exit puts Nagy in a lot of black Friday rumors.  

Both QBs disappoint, Foles does not opt out because he knows there is little market for him. They combine for something around 25 TDs, 15 INTs, and 3500 yards. Tru goes elsewhere to try and be repaired. ARob hits over 100 catches and 1000 yards. Miller hits 600 yards, Kmet ties ARob for TD catches since they're still doubling ARob. 

Run game is better but still bottom 15. Cohen is closer to his first 2 seasons since he isn't a WR convert anymore and has less hits behind the LOS. Neither RB tops 1000 yards. 

Mack and Quinn combine for 25 sacks (14 Mack and 11 Quinn), Hicks flirts with 10 but stalls at 9.5 an doesn't get a sack for the final 2-3 games. Nichols gets 7. RRH drops down and only gets 3 still. 

Smith gets 120 tackles and 5 sacks but doesn't seem to take the step up as a dominant defender like we hoped. Still shows up and plays solid consistently though. DT doesn't make it through all 16 but shows he's still a damn warrior as he fights through lingering issues. 

Fuller balls out but early on JJ gets picked on. I think JJ starts coming around though and finishes strong in the 2nd half of the season. 

EJax gets back to form, SS falls apart and becomes a major issue for the team. I think they end up trying different groups in obvious passing downs like 3rd and long and may have 4 DL, 2 LBs, 4 CBs and 1 roaming safety (EJax obviously). This gets Vildor on the field with Fuller, JJ, and Skrine, and lets Pagano pressure with heavy man coverage.

The kicking unit sucks until Pineiro comes back. He has several solid games then has one horrific game and 90% of the posters here hate him. 

Pat sucks at punting but continues to be one of the best holders in the league. 

We keep forgetting Scales' name because he is consistently making perfect snaps.

Patterson and Cohen make the return units look damn good, but the coverage is mediocre as we have so many  new guys trying to fill roles. McManis plays more ST snaps than defensive snaps and proves that he was worth re-signing just for that role. 

3 hours ago, topwop1 said:

With Mahomes being on a record setting pace and Watson having played respectively I don't think anything short of an MVP season could silence the majority of his critics. It isn't fair, but it is just a poor hand dealt so to speak. 

2 hours ago, Sugashane said:

Mack and Quinn combine for 25 sacks (14 Mack and 11 Quinn), Hicks flirts with 10 but stalls at 9.5 an doesn't get a sack for the final 2-3 games. Nichols gets 7. RRH drops down and only gets 3 still. 

Smith gets 120 tackles and 5 sacks but doesn't seem to take the step up as a dominant defender like we hoped. Still shows up and plays solid consistently though. DT doesn't make it through all 16 but shows he's still a damn warrior as he fights through lingering issues. 

Fuller balls out but early on JJ gets picked on. I think JJ starts coming around though and finishes strong in the 2nd half of the season. 

Not to be overly critical, or anything, but all that right there probably would mean they have a better record than 9-7. Just sayin'. 

3 hours ago, Sugashane said:

With Mahomes being on a record setting pace and Watson having played respectively I don't think anything short of an MVP season could silence the majority of his critics. It isn't fair, but it is just a poor hand dealt so to speak. 

Well a lot of people think he's absolute trash so if he goes on to have a top-10 statistical season then I think that ought to change the narrative on him regardless of what Mahomes or Watson does. I personally don't need him to have an MVP type season to think so.

21 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

Not to be overly critical, or anything, but all that right there probably would mean they have a better record than 9-7. Just sayin'. 

Likely but I have little faith in this offense, I'm not feeling much better about winning games with scores of 14-17. Man can offer more passrush and sacks can come in bunches, but still can have one broken play lead to a TD. 

9 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

Well a lot of people think he's absolute trash so if he goes on to have a top-10 statistical season then I think that ought to change the narrative on him regardless of what Mahomes or Watson does. I personally don't need him to have an MVP type season to think so.

Thats fair. To me a top 10 season would show he has high point potential but I'd have serious doubts about his ability to repeat that performance. We have seen him have a fantastic stretch of games but seen a lot more low stretches. I want top see consistent good play to even fathom a 1 year deal.  

27 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

To me a top 10 season would show he has high point potential but I'd have serious doubts about his ability to repeat that performance. We have seen him have a fantastic stretch of games but seen a lot more low stretches. I want top see consistent good play to even fathom a 1 year deal.  

I don't think there's any way they can do anything more than franchise him (a one year deal is pretty much out of the question, as somebody else would gamble on him if Mitch balls out), and that's no matter how well he plays. I mean, even if Mitch is the MVP, and first team All-Pro...I'm still franchising him. 

Edited by Heinz D.

10 hours ago, WindyCity said:

What is your realistic prediction?

It’s the Bears, best case only happens once a decade.

Realistic before seeing a single snap is tough, because in my mind's eye I see a team dedicated to running the ball and taking shots at opportune times. I see a team riding their defense as the offense tries to figure out who they are in the passing game. So it's tough for me since I am an eternal optimist for my sports teams until the window to a playoff berth is slammed shut. I'll look through the schedule again now and see what my gut says, navy-and-orange colored glasses removed:

8-8... 9-7 if we beat Green Bay at home week 17.