Ante Up - Give us your BOLD Raider predictions!

RaidersAreOne

44 minutes ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

I think the Texans sucked more than KC was good.

there was a bunch of drop passes and missed tackles.

That was also like a preseason game but yeah Houston didn't look very good. Their offense couldn't do anything until KC let off the gas peddle. It's incredible that they spent a 1st/2nd in 2019 on their OL and 2 1sts and a 2nd for Tunsil and they still have one of the worst offensive lines in the league. Also incredible that they didn't want to pay Hopkins but they're paying Cooks/Cobb/Johnson a combined $27M this season. 

2 hours ago, NYRaider said:

He has passed for over 4k the last two seasons, is that really a bold prediction? 

Given that we're starting 2 rookies, one of whom is coming off of injuries, I'd say it would be a bit surprising. 

I would expect something closer to like 37-3800 yds, with Waller being our lone 1k guy. 

I'm guessing a breakdown somewhat like this among our top 5:

Waller 1,050 yds

Ruggs 1,000

Edwards 950

Renfrow 670

Agholor 650

I think with Jacobs being our most obvious focal point on offense, combined with the weird training camp and lack of preseason, that a breakdown similar to the above would be a fairly optimistic outlook. Accounting for Moreau, Jones, and whatever we do as far as RB passes, it would have Carr topping 4500. 

Call it a vote of confidence in the receiving corps.

17 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

Given that we're starting 2 rookies, one of whom is coming off of injuries, I'd say it would be a bit surprising. 

I would expect something closer to like 37-3800 yds, with Waller being our lone 1k guy. 

I'm guessing a breakdown somewhat like this among our top 5:

Waller 1,050 yds

Ruggs 1,000

Edwards 950

Renfrow 670

Agholor 650

I think with Jacobs being our most obvious focal point on offense, combined with the weird training camp and lack of preseason, that a breakdown similar to the above would be a fairly optimistic outlook. Accounting for Moreau, Jones, and whatever we do as far as RB passes, it would have Carr topping 4500. 

Call it a vote of confidence in the receiving corps.

Those really are bold numbers!!! Remember Jacobs, Richard, Moreau and Witten are all likely to add 200 to 300 yards each and the odd catch to Booker and Carrier and soon you'd be looking at 5400 yards in the above scenario. 

I see a good season for Ruggs being around 600 to 700 yards but a number of big plays and lots of YAC, bulk stats I dont think will be his forte. Edwards I'd be very happy if he caught 50 to 60 balls for 700. Agholor I don't see even optimistically getting more than 400 to 500 yards what with Waller and Renfrow aswell.

Its great that we have a number of what appears to be at least decent options but I think as we spread the ball around and feature different guys in different games it will bring their bulk totals down. I agree with you Waller is the only guy I can see breaking 1k. We may be far more effective as a 'group' of receivers though, so I'm optimistic there. 

On 9/11/2020 at 12:24 PM, ronjon1990 said:

He had 4,000 yards the last two seasons with pretty poor WR groups though. 

2019 - Renfrow 49 receptions, Williams 42 receptions, Jones 20 receptions, Doss 11 receptions

2018 - Nelson 63 receptions, Roberts 45 receptions, Cooper 22 receptions, Bryant 19 receptions 

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

Between 2010-2019 there were only 8 rookie WR's to put up 1,000 yards and you think that we're going to essentially have two in the same season? 

Did it not ask for bold? Jesus dude, you literally just love trying to nitpick. 

First it's "you think that's bold?"

Then it's "he did it with poor receivers"

Now it's "you actually think we'll have two rookies put up close to 1000?"

You're literally making people's arguments for them while laughably missing the point of posts, if not entire threads. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ronjon1990 said:

You think it's bold that he'll go for 4,000 yards this season when he has done it the past two years with worse WR groups? If he can do something with worse options to throw too, how is it bold that he does the same thing with better receivers? 

1 hour ago, ronjon1990 said:

You're literally making people's arguments for them while laughably missing the point of posts, if not entire threads. 

Lmao 👏👏
it’s a NYer (Like all New York people) thing to do

Edited by jimkelly02
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, NYRaider said:

You think it's bold that he'll go for 4,000 yards this season when he has done it the past two years with worse WR groups? If he can do something with worse options to throw too, how is it bold that he does the same thing with better receivers? 

New receivers, 2 of whom are rookies as you so astutely pointed out, love. That's how. 

Now, move along. Your lack of general ability to progress a conversation has become nauseating.

11 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

😂 that’s a fair point well made.