ALDS: Boston Red Sox vs Houston Astros GDT

Texansfan713

Game 1, Thursday 10/2/17 3:08 PM FS1/MLB Network:   Chris Sale vs Justin Verlander

Game 2, Friday 10/3/17 1:05 PM FS1/MLB Network: Drew Pomeranz vs Dallas Keuchel

Game 3, Sunday 10/5/17 1:38 PM FS1: Brad Peacock vs Doug Fister

*Game 4:, Monday 10/6/17 12:08 PM FS1 :TBD vs TBD

*Game 5, Wednesday 10/8/17 3:08 PM FS1: TBD vs TBD

Wanted to get the thread up.  I will update the post once the pitching matchups are announced. 

@CAS22@biggio7 @Spartica4Real @lumberjackchris  @I_GET_SAX@Deadpulse@playmaker8267@1ForTheThumb@MookieMonster@O'Doyle Rules

We outchea. I think it goes to 5. I'm hoping the Astros fall flat because of the inexperience in post season...but I'm not counting on it. I've got Astros in 5.

Sale and Pomeranz have never pitched in the post season, so we'll see how that goes. I do think we have a HUGE advantage in terms of BP and our rotation is better IMO if Sale can pitch like he did most of the season, thats a big if though.

Sale twice scares the hell out of me especially considering the Astros lineup has been inconsistent against LHPs.  That being said, I think the Astros are better than the Red Sox at pretty much everything and hoping that will play out in a short series.

We are better at everything than them, except for overall bullpen. Which won't matter as much as you'd might think in this series because all those guys who contribute to those bad numbers (Gregerson, Sipp, etc) aren't going to be getting time and it will only be the Devo's, Musgrove's, Giles', etc we see. It is baseball and anything can happen though, but I got us in a sweep. 

Sale is an absolute psychopath and this is his first shot in the playoffs. I expect the Red Sox to win Game 1 in Houston. I think the Sox will win another game in the late innings as the Astros bullpen blinks first. The Astros will put up 8+ runs in another game to win. Somehow, some way, and definitely in 5 games, I'm picking the Red Sox to win this series. Both teams are a lot of fun to watch, so this should be a great series.

Archived