TABT: Around the NFL

JAF-N72EX

4 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

FWIW, another nothing burger from Watson in a big game tonight before garbage time. HUGE fan of his, but these are too common. 

Doesn't look like a $40M QB tonight that's for damn sure...but he won't get ripped for it like Mitch would.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, JAF-N72EX said:

If Mitch had a game like this, fans would be ripping Mitch and calling for Foles. 

I have said it from day 1, Watson is nothing special and overrated. I also say the same about Lamar Jackson. My opinion of course, which is usually crap. 😃

41 minutes ago, CBears019 said:

CEH was really the perfect draft pick for the chiefs in this draft.  

It's a little premature but he seems to have the full skill set at RB that's missing from this offense. A single all around back who is good at everything.....running, blocking, catching, making guys miss, etc. 

An elusive RB with quick feet,  good vision, and can improvise.

4 minutes ago, dafreak said:

I have said it from day 1, Watson is nothing special and overrated. I also say the same about Lamar Jackson. My opinion of course, which is usually crap. 😃

I'm splitting hairs here, but Watson is not a bad QB. He's just not at the same high level that most fans seem to put him at it. 9this is mostly due to the low standards set league-wide). 

Jackson is an interesting case study. He struggled in his rookie year but was also thrown into the fire but then he blew up in his 2nd year.

However, his 2nd year was playing in a very old school unique 3 TE set offense when defenses weren't prepared for. But now they have tape. So how much of his numbers(and health) were based on the element surprised remains to be seen. 

I can picture most offense looking a little shaky coming out of the gate and I expect the Bears to be in that mix as well.  We had a preview of what an offense with no preseason tune ups looks like last year so let's not be too shocked if we come out looking sloppy again......just not 3 points sloppy hopefully.

Watson is a good football player.  Is he a $40 mil per year QB?  Not in my opinion.  Even if the 2022 cap rises to $220 mil Watson will consume 18% of the Texans cap.  This has been analyzed before and the sweet spot is less than 14%.  Once you begin paying your QB more than that you've reached a point of diminishing returns as you lose top talent and depth at other positions.

As someone with Mahomes and CEH on my FF team, I'm pretty satisfied with tonight's game.

I will say it's really weird looking at KC and knowing that we run the exact same offensive scheme as they do, to such dramatically and tragically different results.

Edited by Epyon

13 hours ago, Epyon said:

As someone with Mahomes and CEH on my FF team, I'm pretty satisfied with tonight's game.

I will say it's really weird looking at KC and knowing that we run the exact same offensive scheme as they do, to such dramatically and tragically different results.

Setting aside the differences in QBs - they have SO. MUCH. SPEED. Watson is their 3rd fastest WR after Hill and Hardman and he’s a 4.4 guy. Kelce is a 4.6 TE. 

8 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

Was really surprised with how normal last nights game felt...obviously only 17,000 fans but it still felt like a proper atmosphere.

Good thought. I never thought of that and I didn't really notice a significant difference either now that I think back on it.  It may have been a little bland a couple of times throughout the game but overall it didn't seem much different.  

I do wonder if it would've felt more hollow if the home team (Chiefs) were getting blown out like the away team did though?  We'll get our answer on this at some point.