TABT: Around the NFL

JAF-N72EX

8 hours ago, blkwdw13 said:

Grasu is in playing Center for the 49ers.

the OL Pace has taken have either been good or terrible. It's no coincidence that the ones he has drafted higher are better than Hambright, Simmons, Grasu, etc.

I just wish he would take an OT high for once

Edited by beardown3231
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

the OL Pace has taken have either been good or terrible. It's no coincidence that the ones he has drafted higher are better than Hambright, Simmons, Grasu, etc.

Well Grasu actually didn’t look terrible, we’ll have to see how he does going forward. 

On 10/19/2020 at 6:54 AM, beardown3231 said:

That would be neat, and may be forced. We have two mediocre OTs, no starting caliber QBs, and Miller can't be counted on as a primary receiver anymore, let alone start while ARob walks. That is assuming Ifedi is re-signed to keep RG shored up and Cohen comes back with some explosion as the #2 RB too. Oh, and ARob will likely get franchised since they haven't come to a deal. That sucks in a year that likely will have the ability to drop to $175 mil. Spotrac has us at only $4.375 mil space.

Realistically we need to make a few moves. Re-sign ARob and manipulate his deal so he gets a bunch of guaranteed up front while limiting his cap hit, extend and restructure Fuller (cap hit of $20 mil next year), release Massie (save $6.7 mil), cut Skrine (Save $2. 8 mil, make Vildor step up), may have to cut Graham if he won't extend and restructure (save $7mil), and cut Leno (save save $6.2 mil). Maybe Foles opts out but right now since he is only set to make $6.66. mil too.

Vildor should be able to step in as NB, Kmet will have to step up and a cheap TE will be needed, but we have zero OTs to play. So the first three picks may have to be OT- QB- OT or something similar. Yes there will be cheap vet signings because they take a one-year deal to hopefully raise their value in 2022 FA market, but Chicago can't keep ignoring these premeir spits with major picks. It just doesn't work out.

7 hours ago, Sugashane said:

That would be neat, and may be forced. We have two mediocre OTs, no starting caliber QBs, and Miller can't be counted on as a primary receiver anymore, let alone start while ARob walks. That is assuming Ifedi is re-signed to keep RG shored up and Cohen comes back with some explosion as the #2 RB too. Oh, and ARob will likely get franchised since they haven't come to a deal. That sucks in a year that likely will have the ability to drop to $175 mil. Spotrac has us at only $4.375 mil space.

Realistically we need to make a few moves. Re-sign ARob and manipulate his deal so he gets a bunch of guaranteed up front while limiting his cap hit, extend and restructure Fuller (cap hit of $20 mil next year), release Massie (save $6.7 mil), cut Skrine (Save $2. 8 mil, make Vildor step up), may have to cut Graham if he won't extend and restructure (save $7mil), and cut Leno (save save $6.2 mil). Maybe Foles opts out but right now since he is only set to make $6.66. mil too.

Vildor should be able to step in as NB, Kmet will have to step up and a cheap TE will be needed, but we have zero OTs to play. So the first three picks may have to be OT- QB- OT or something similar. Yes there will be cheap vet signings because they take a one-year deal to hopefully raise their value in 2022 FA market, but Chicago can't keep ignoring these premeir spits with major picks. It just doesn't work out.

I saw an Ant Miller and a 2nd/3rd for Jake Matthews from ATL... That could work. Almost anyone is better than Leno or Coward.

On 10/19/2020 at 6:54 AM, beardown3231 said:

I wish that, too. He may be forced to, regardless of how the Bears do this year.

I need to point out that we don't know if Simmons and Hambright are terrible, though. Now, they most likely are, but that the fact that Nagy isn't playing them is almost meaningless, as far as an indicator of their talent...

1 hour ago, The_Romen said:

I saw an Ant Miller and a 2nd/3rd for Jake Matthews from ATL... That could work. Almost anyone is better than Leno or Coward.

Works for me. I haven't looked at the Jets O-line yet either. Might be possibilities there. 

Edited by Heinz D.

21 hours ago, The_Romen said:

Why would ATL do that? They have Julio who can't get moved based on his contract,  Calvin Ridley who is one of the best young WRs in the league, and that Gage dude who has been a great #3 and excels on ST. They have no need for AM17

47 minutes ago, HuskieBear said:

Why would ATL do that? They have Julio who can't get moved based on his contract,  Calvin Ridley who is one of the best young WRs in the league, and that Gage dude who has been a great #3 and excels on ST. They have no need for AM17

But they might want to deal Alex Mack for a pick, and I'd do that if I was Pace

• Like 1