TABT: Around the NFL

Leonard Floyd having himself a game against Seattle.

I know it's easy to say now but I always liked Floyd and I think Pace made the wrong move in letting him go. Could of had him on a one year deal for $10M like to he Rams do vs spending all that money on Quinn who has been a non factor.

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

I know it's easy to say now but I always liked Floyd and I think Pace made the wrong move in letting him go. Could of had him on a one year deal for $10M like to he Rams do vs spending all that money on Quinn who has been a non factor.

Made sense to let him go, though I thought he was a very very good run defender. Pace thought the same as everyone else and thought Quinn would light it up opposite of Mack... Not so much 

12 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Fwiw we are taking care of your old boy Nick Kwiatkoski. Dudes probably our best Defender and does everything for us. What a stud.

lol Dude it's Drew Lock throwing a late game desperation pass. Not exactly something to be bragging about.

12 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

He absolutely did. But if I was Floyd I would've wanted to leave anyhow after some of these Bears fans/media talk down on him.  

2 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Fwiw we are taking care of your old boy Nick Kwiatkoski. Dudes probably our best Defender and does everything for us. What a stud.

Glad to see he is doing well. I wanted him extended over DT, just a much more physical guy. Seemed like a lot better fit next to Roquan - who is a major athlete that struggles getting off blocks.

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

Watching Floyd doing work tonight has me even more pissed off about Pace letting him walk instead of keeping his 5th year option open on a 1 year prove it deal. 

He's had atleast 3 big plays that won't show up on a stat sheet.

--Got immediate pressure off the edge that led to a pick-6

--Got pressure and caused Stidham to step up and take the sack from Donald.

--Got pressure again and grabs stidham's shoulder as he's releasing the ball in the red zone on a 4th down causing an incomplete pass. 

43 minutes ago, JAF-N72EX said:

Watching Floyd doing work tonight has me even more pissed off about Pace letting him walk instead of keeping his 5th year option open on a 1 year prove it deal. 

He's had atleast 3 big plays that won't show up on a stat sheet.

--Got immediate pressure off the edge that led to a pick-6

--Got pressure and caused Stidham to step up and take the sack from Donald.

--Got pressure again and grabs stidham's shoulder as he's releasing the ball in the red zone on a 4th down causing an incomplete pass. 

I wanted Floyd to stay. It was a costly mistake. Add it on to the list of why Pace needs to go now.

Hopefully Quinn can rebound next year under a completely new DC and scheme because we're stuck with him for a cpl more years ....

Edited by topwop1
9 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

I wanted Floyd to stay. It was a costly mistake. Add it on to the list of why Pace needs to go now.

Hopefully Quinn can rebound next year under a completely new DC and scheme because we're stuck with him for a cpl more years ....

I thought Quinn would actually work out but I was beating the drum all offseason about keeping Floyd and was saying that he was alot better than he was being given credit for and because I didn't see a better replacement available.