TABT: Around the NFL

JAF-N72EX

3 minutes ago, HuskieBear said:

you got a source for this? i vaguely remember this, but i thought it wasn't confirmed. i also thought the discussion was the team that did the hiring, not losing the guy, that got one (1) comp pick 

Yeah everything I’m reading is that they changed the Rooney rule to include mandatory two interviews of minority candidates for head coaching jobs and one for coordinator jobs.  The incentives were proposed, but i believe they were tabled for a different time.

Teams that lose a minority coach or executive to a head coach or general manager job with another team will receive a third-round compensatory pick for two consecutive years, per Pelissero. If a team loses a minority coach and an executive to HC and GM roles, that club will receive a third-round compensatory pick for three consecutive years.

According to the resolution, a team is eligible to receive draft pick compensation if the candidate in question has been "employed by the employer-club for a minimum of two years." There can be no break in employment between teams.

1 hour ago, HuskieBear said:

you got a source for this? i vaguely remember this, but i thought it wasn't confirmed. i also thought the discussion was the team that did the hiring, not losing the guy, that got one (1) comp pick 

Straight from the league website

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nfl.com/_amp/nfl-owners-pass-resolution-rewarding-teams-for-developing-minority-coaches-execs

21 hours ago, topwop1 said:

i read it too

The measure is subject to NFL Players Association approval, per NFL Network's Tom Pelissero.

i didn't see anything about the NFLPA approving the measure

53 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

Yep. Right now they look like the ones who lost to the Jets. 

To be fair they did hammer the Jets, but they did struggle to beat a few crappy teams- Vikings, Patriots, Cowboys, Niners last week- and even looked LIKE the Jets when they lost to the Giants

It's almost like when the opposition has a corner who can match up with DKM, their offense is shot

7 hours ago, Sugashane said:

Still cant believe teams still single block Aaron Donald, and SEA is doing it a lot.  Stupid AF. Lol

They have alot of solid pass rushers.  You can double team AD when he lines up in the A and B gaps but then you are banking on the tackles and chips to hold the exterior pass rushers at bay in one-on-one situations. You might be able to pull a helping G to help on the outside but then your leaving yourself open to inside stunts while also leaving AD one-on-one.  

If AD lines up on the outside shoulder of the tackle then there's not much you can do but keep a TE in block the right shoulder and have the inside guard help if he pushes to the left. 

Dealing with AD is truly a game of "pick your poison".  This is the benefit of having a dominant tackle in any defensive scheme (especially one as versatile as AD). We seen it with Tommie  They can open up so much for an entire defense. The trouble is, is finding one. They're very rare. 

Seattle got humiliated.

Facing back up QB who gets hurt and then a severely hurt QB who didn’t practice they still lost.  

They lost despite Rams losing best defender in league in game.    They lost despite Rams losing their best WR in game.  

Offense led by what many would consider a future HOF QB in his prime - stinks.  And he played bad.   They have good weapons.   These guys were scoring at will early in year.   They were already handing Russell MVP.   Total collapse.

They lost despite sacrificing future by trading for high end starters on defense to win this year.

Like using your JV team and still beating your division rival.   

37 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Seattle got humiliated.

Facing back up QB who gets hurt and then a severely hurt QB who didn’t practice they still lost.  

They lost despite Rams losing best defender in league in game.    They lost despite Rams losing their best WR in game.  

Offense led by what many would consider a future HOF QB in his prime - stinks.  And he played bad.   They have good weapons.   These guys were scoring at will early in year.   They were already handing Russell MVP.   Total collapse.

They lost despite sacrificing future by trading for high end starters on defense to win this year.

Like using your JV team and still beating your division rival.   

Seattle reminds me of the Bears but just with a way better QB.

They are so conservative in the way they play on offense. You have one of the best QBs in the league. Let him cook.