TABT: Around the NFL

JAF-N72EX

3 hours ago, JAF-N72EX said:

Greg Olsen announced his retirement today. Remember when JA foolishly traded him for a 3rd rd pick? 

Good luck Olsen.

"But we used that pick to get Marshall!"

Like we couldn't have used the 3rd rounder wasted on Brandon Hardin instead and had a hellish duo between Marshall and Olsen. 

I'm happy to see Rodgers isn't getting another ring though. I dont want to hear my brother's wife all offseason. Lol

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, dafreak said:

Hilarious reading all the "refs suck" the "refs gave it to them" quotes. A new year, another choke job by GB.

18 minutes ago, Nads786 said:

Great outcome! LaFleur has zero balls. 

Rodgers is 1-4 in conference title games. Must be the refs' fault! They were good in the 1 win. In the other 4 games they were awful!

17 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Rodgers is 1-4 in conference title games. Must be the refs' fault! They were good in the 1 win. In the other 4 games they were awful!

Just listened to the Rodgers presser, he is devastated. His future is uncertain for sure.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JAF-N72EX said:

Watching the Packers squander another year of Rodgers is a beautiful thing to see. 

The Packers have had two consecutive HOF QBs in the last 27 years and only have 2 rings to show for it. 

I'll say it again, defense wins championships! 

This was on Rogers, you can't expect their defense to be elite when the cap is all weighted towards him and offense. The D gave him two shots and he went 3 and out. 

The guy needs to be making plays when it matters most but his risk tolerance is always set to risk adverse. Won't throw multiple picks ever.

2 minutes ago, Nads786 said:

This was on Rogers, you can't expect their defense to be elite when the cap is all weighted towards him and offense. The D gave him two shots and he went 3 and out. 

The guy needs to be making plays when it matters most but his risk tolerance is always set to risk adverse. Won't throw multiple picks ever.

The defense was terrible from the start even when Rodgers was playing out of his mind with the exception of the INT. They couldn't tackle for crap and they couldn't stop TB on 3rd down. You can't give up 7 points on a 40 yard pass with 8 seconds on the clock to go down two possessions to end the half and expect to win too many playoff games. 

14 minutes ago, JAF-N72EX said:

The defense was terrible from the start even when Rodgers was playing out of his mind with the exception of the INT. They couldn't tackle for crap and they couldn't stop TB on 3rd down. You can't give up 7 points on a 40 yard pass with 8 seconds on the clock to go down two possessions to end the half and expect to win too many playoff games. 

You can blame the defense for that TD but I would put most of the blame on Pettine...

Edited by dafreak
changes

32 minutes ago, JAF-N72EX said:

Watching the Packers squander another year of Rodgers is a beautiful thing to see. 

The Packers have had two consecutive HOF QBs in the last 27 years and only have 2 rings to show for it. 

I'll say it again, defense wins championships! 

You can't be horrendous on defense and win a championship, but you don't have to be great. None of the final 4 were top 5 in D. I think Tampa was 8th or something. What you do need now is a QB, and hopefully the Bears can find one in the next 30 years or so :(

2 minutes ago, dafreak said:

PLEASE!!!

ProFootballTalk

@ProFootballTalk

Top potential Aaron Rodgers destinations in 2021: 49ers, Patriots, Steelers, Raiders, Colts, Saints.

I can't see them trading him inside of the conference, but I guess crazier things have happened. 

11 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

For as good as his career has been it's amazing to me that Rodgers is now 1-5 in NFC championship games with his only win coming against a Caleb Hanie led Chicago Bears. Talk about wasted talent.

If I were him I would retire....

Oh me too. Retire. You're hurting your team, Aaron. Give it up. ;)

Edited by beardown3231

16 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

You can't be horrendous on defense and win a championship, but you don't have to be great. None of the final 4 were top 5 in D. I think Tampa was 8th or something. What you do need now is a QB, and hopefully the Bears can find one in the next 30 years or so :(

That's regular season. Playoffs are a different animal.