TABT: Around the NFL

JAF-N72EX

1 hour ago, JAF-N72EX said:

Good news, bad news.

Good news:  Bears defense get to see Goff twice a year.

Bad news for other teams:  Watson's trade value just sky-rocketed. 

Ya Watson trade is going to be insane. I don't see how Bears can make it happen

2 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

It really was a great deal for the Lions. I wonder if they flip Goff for a late 1 or a 2 now- Colts?

That makes a ton of sense. 

Think the Lions might be good in the medium term future (Cut to 2024 and the Lions highly drafted star QB somehow experiences both spontaneous combustion and a safety for 2pts at the same time)

4 hours ago, WindyCity said:

Watson isn’t being traded.

The Lions took on a salary dump throw away QB and still have a better QB than the Bears. We are a mess.

Great trade for the Lions

Why do you say this? He wants out and it is believed the coaching hires Texans have made won't change his mind.

Watson isn't being traded to Bears is the more likely statement.

And while Lions did well to get 2 first round picks Bears fans shouldn't be upset or feel threatened that their QB is Goff..he is simply an average QB.

This would be like Bears trading for Kirk Cousins. Not going to really move the needle much

The Packer hater in me wants to say packers are denying massive trade offers for Rodgers because Love isn’t showing much yet. That’s what I’m telling myself instead of acknowledging it’s due to the packers still being contenders with Rodgers behind center. 

9 hours ago, Ty21 said:

Doubtful. This isn’t Madden. 

There were a ton of rumors when the trade happened that that's what Detroit was interested in doing. Whether they find a taker or not is a different story. It was reported that Campbell got that job because of the in depth plan he laid for the future of the QB position. I wouldn't think "trading for Goff" gets him that gig

10 hours ago, Ty21 said:

It is funny how deflating it was when the packers took love. Not because I think highly of love at all, but because I knew Rodgers would ball tf out after they lit this torch under him. 

You're going to hate it when they draft Trask in round one and then Rodgers throws 7 TDs in Soldier Field... from Lambeau Field. 

7 hours ago, JAF-N72EX said:

Packers hire Joe Barry as DC to fix the defense HAHA. I love it.  I almost bet McVay was in Lafluer's ear and did Barry a solid like he did with Taylor. 

Kind of funny how guys like this get hired over and over. I'll never forget how awful he was in Detroit and how he and Marinelli were basically laughed out of town.

Lions allowed 30+ points in 18 games across Barry's 2 seasons, had 40+ dropped on them 6 of those times.

• Like 2