TABT: Around the NFL

JAF-N72EX

15 hours ago, Superman(DH23) said:

Barry to the Pack is just astonishing.  Rod Marinelli was basically fired bc of his loyalty to his son in law.  Now the Pack bring in a worse DC than Mel Tucker.  

What is the background on Barry? Is he underqualified, inexperienced or incompetent 

3 minutes ago, Nads786 said:

What is the background on Barry? Is he underqualified, inexperienced or incompetent 

Been a dc 4x, his defenses have ranked 32, 32, 28, 28.

The 2 28s were with DC with Ryan Kerrigan, Preston Smith, Josh Norman, Breshaud Breeland, and Kendall Fuller on the roster.  In Detroit, obviously significantly less talent than most teams, but his defenses were awful, when you factor in that Rod was the HC, who we know, knows a lot about defense (he became our DC after leaving Detroit) that's really bad.  Every job he has ever gotten in the NFL is more related to who he knows than his own merits.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

FiGHZ7g.jpg

idk how I totally forgot Jason Campbell was ever a Bear. Like, completely wiped from my memory. I can’t even picture him in a bears jersey, wiped. 

Also, why tf are people wearing Campbell bears jerseys to darty’s

3 hours ago, Ty21 said:

FiGHZ7g.jpg

idk how I totally forgot Jason Campbell was ever a Bear. Like, completely wiped from my memory. I can’t even picture him in a bears jersey, wiped. 

Also, why tf are people wearing Campbell bears jerseys to darty’s

this is a joke list. barstool does it all the time to garner clicks/attention. they always put a few real ones in there to throw people off. the top two are the real ones, then people interact with the post regarding things like the jason campbell - or the fact that manu ginobli (from argentina) has a USA basketball jersey.

you might be familiar with these jokes - like when they do a favorite fast food of every state, and Whataburger isn't texas's or in-and-out isn't california's, but something like cici's pizza is. or something like illinois' favorite movie snack is black licorice --- something along those lines

there's talk around league circles that teams are confused why the cap is going down instead of at least staying level from the previous year. yes, the league lost ticket revenue, but there was an extra playoff game, a 17th game added next year, big tv deals coming up, and an influx in sports gambling.

this makes sense - the league still hasn't released the official cap, which is why official franchise tag numbers haven't been released. there is also talk that jerry was willing to go to $40/year for dak because of what he knows about revenue coming in the next few years.

a decrease cap this year definitely helps owners far more than players, as we're already seeing a lot of guys get cut that wouldn't otherwise, and a ton of FA this year likely to be signing for far less than they should. expect a ton of 1 year deals with a chance for the player to get back out there next offseason 

9 hours ago, HuskieBear said:

there's talk around league circles that teams are confused why the cap is going down instead of at least staying level from the previous year. yes, the league lost ticket revenue, but there was an extra playoff game, a 17th game added next year, big tv deals coming up, and an influx in sports gambling.

this makes sense - the league still hasn't released the official cap, which is why official franchise tag numbers haven't been released. there is also talk that jerry was willing to go to $40/year for dak because of what he knows about revenue coming in the next few years.

a decrease cap this year definitely helps owners far more than players, as we're already seeing a lot of guys get cut that wouldn't otherwise, and a ton of FA this year likely to be signing for far less than they should. expect a ton of 1 year deals with a chance for the player to get back out there next offseason 

The lower cap and sheer number of cut players are going to drive contracts down for sure.

You might see veteran players more likely to chase rings for a year. Fewer guys will sign extensions. The ones who get the worst of it are the younger FAs who would otherwise get long-term deals.

36 minutes ago, blkwdw13 said:

I'll be interested to see what more he says about the Bears organization after he signs with a team.

Who cares what else he has to say at this point about Bears. He made his point known already and even though I side with him on a lot of what he said he wasn't nearly anywhere close to his former dominant self when they let him go.  The move was best for both sides. All the best to Long with his next team

• Like 1

1 hour ago, topwop1 said:

Who cares what else he has to say at this point about Bears. He made his point known already and even though I side with him on a lot of what he said he wasn't nearly anywhere close to his former dominant self when they let him go.  The move was best for both sides. All the best to Long with his next team

Yep. He gave us his best years and as long as he is out of the NFC North I'll be rooting for him.