TABT: Around the NFL

JAF-N72EX

6 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

That is baffling. I've watched it like 20 times and I keep trying to figure out what Atlanta's plan was here

Expecting the ball not to travel past 10 yards--making it a dead ball. They took a gamble and lost instead of trying to cover the ball and gain possession for the offense to run clock. 

7 hours ago, JAF-N72EX said:

Expecting the ball not to travel past 10 yards--making it a dead ball. They took a gamble and lost instead of trying to cover the ball and gain possession for the offense to run clock. 

Well, I know what they were doing.. but I still have no idea what they were doing, if you catch my drift 😅 Just go cover the damn ball and end it.

• Like 1

I went on site GM board and asked why Isaiah Simmons was going so crazy early in the drafts, I was told indignantly by many that he should be a top 5 pick because he was going to revolutionize the game and the position.

A few years ago I heard same thing about Reddick.   

Neither are even starting right now.

Maybe Cards GM needs to stop listening to certain people.  

You don't take projects and experiments in the first round.  Your coach better be telling you he has a new defense in mind with a new position and needs this hybrid guy and more like him.  Not yeah, we can figure something out.   We'll try him at SS or WLB or something at see how it works.

On paper it can be a good idea, just like converting DL to OL is on paper.  But NFL doesn't lend itself to position changes.   They aren't built for it.  They have no farm system outside of college football. 

They need plug and play.

• Like 2

That was a heck of a throw.  A wrist flick on a rope going in opposite direction.    Like MT Darnold has obviously not thrilled to date.   Is it him or coaching or surround talent is always the question with 'failed' QBs.  

Jets are probably a team hitting reset button post 2020.  

Bears may be in need of QB.  Maybe MT will deserve job, but he still doesn't have a contract.  You have to start looking around at what else may be available via FA or trade.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

That was a heck of a throw.  A wrist flick on a rope going in opposite direction.    Like MT Darnold has obviously not thrilled to date.   Is it him or coaching or surround talent is always the question with 'failed' QBs.  

Darnold may end up being a bust, but the Jets have been a mess. He was starting to put it together last season, I'd imagine he gets back to more consistent play, even if it isn't splashy. 

KPL reportedly had a great game last week for the WFT.

Pace apparently got that one wrong.  DT played pretty well last year when he was healthy.  Hard to see him dropping off a cliff like that.  So I think bashing Pace in hindsight there is unfair.  

I blame coaches for not noticing in practice though and trying other guys out and/or asking Pace to be on hunt for cheap ILBs.  

Pagano is at least adjusting with more 3 safety looks.  Still going to need to figure something out against Teams that can go heavy on us. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, dll2000 said:

Bears may be in need of QB.  Maybe MT will deserve job, but he still doesn't have a contract.  You have to start looking around at what else may be available via FA or trade.

even better angle

On 9/22/2020 at 5:10 PM, dll2000 said:

Bears twitter is just starting to explore this idea now.   Always behind us.  

Imagine if we were full timers instead of having full time jobs.