TABT: Around the NFL

JAF-N72EX

20 minutes ago, RunningVaccs said:

Agreed, that might be the perfect place for him. Likely he's a backup forever but Allen sure transformed there. 

5 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

What a great landing spot.

Allen gets hurt for a few games he can make some real money by playing well on a good team. 

I'm not sure about all that. You'd think a place with a less settled QB situation would have been better. Maybe it was the biggest offer, though?

2 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

The Bears are a laughing stock

That's awesome. 

19 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

I'm not sure about all that. You'd think a place with a less settled QB situation would have been better. Maybe it was the biggest offer, though?

Few people play every game in a season.  

Stepping onto a loaded offense for a mini-showcase on a 1 year deal is your best chance of success.   Plus he is likely to get bulk of preseason reps.

Playing QB on another bad team puts you in forever bad perception territory.

I would like to point out that I advocated Bears draft Orlando Brown pre and during draft.  Brown may go for a first round pick after years of solid service   

Also, I pounded table for Tunsil who was traded for two 1s and a 2 after years of service.  He was bad his rookie year.  

• Like 1

On 3/19/2021 at 8:26 PM, dll2000 said:

I would like to point out that I advocated Bears draft Orlando Brown pre and during draft.  Brown may go for a first round pick after years of solid service   

Also, I pounded table for Tunsil who was traded for two 1s and a 2 after years of service.  He was bad his rookie year.  

you wanted to draft tunsil if he started to fall close enough for us to get him? WOW! you must have been the only one in the forum that wanted the consensus #1 OT for us. great job

57 minutes ago, HuskieBear said:

you wanted to draft tunsil if he started to fall close enough for us to get him? WOW! you must have been the only one in the forum that wanted the consensus #1 OT for us. great job

33 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Thanks. 

Guys I'm starting to think if Trevor Lawrence falls, we should draft him

On 3/19/2021 at 9:26 PM, dll2000 said:

Wasn't there some kind of controversy with Brown around draft time? I don't remember exactly what it was, I think he may have tested historically poorly at the Combine? Or was it something else?

1 hour ago, chisoxguy7 said:

Wasn't there some kind of controversy with Brown around draft time? I don't remember exactly what it was, I think he may have tested historically poorly at the Combine? Or was it something else?

That was it.  He was a first rounder on tape and nobody wanted him post combine.  A reverse Mike Mamula.  

1 hour ago, chisoxguy7 said:

Guys I'm starting to think if Trevor Lawrence falls, we should draft him

And the Bears passed on Tunsil didn’t they smart guy?   I don’t see him on the team.  I don’t see him traded with multiple first rounders going to Bears.

So did a bunch of teams.  And a lot of people were happy with Floyd at time weren’t they? Giants and Bears were fighting over him and Bears traded up.  

Near same exact thing happened with Warren Sapp and Bears didn’t learn from it.