TABT: Around the NFL

JAF-N72EX

Was listening to a Houston beat reporter last night on You Tube.  Guy that has been around for decades.   On CBS something or other.

He says Houston had just finally decided to trade Watson and move on when rape/sexual harassment stuff surfaced and threw a monkey wrench in everything.

They were looking at a Kings ransom in picks and players from Miami or Jets or whoever.   Now probably nothing.  

Worse Watson may get a paid suspension while NFL investigates.  That comes out of Texans money when he was talking about holding out in protest, a situation in which he would be fined and not paid! 

AND conspiracy theorists are all saying Texans are behind the rape or harassment allegations because Watson spoke out against team.   So they are getting blamed for this by Fans.  

Texans are a team that is having a worse year than Bears.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Heinz D. said:

At least there's ONE! 😆

Wait for it.  Jets and Detroit will find a way to screw things up too.

Perhaps Cleveland as well.   

We hang out just above all that with our envious internal cooperation and culture or whatever.

• Like 1

On 3/23/2021 at 4:15 PM, dll2000 said:

Tanner Gentry getting shot in Buffalo with Josh Allen.

Maybe he's going to be the Cole Beasely 2.0 - CB is 30+ and needs an heir to groom.

He won't make the roster but it would be very Bears-ian to prove the whole "Chicago is where WRs to go to die" thing somewhat valid. Jeffery falling apart in PHI helped our case at least. lol

I’m going to preface this by saying I haven’t watched Sammy Watkins at all for a few years but looking at his stats I wonder what it is that stops him from being more prolific. Does he run poor routes? His drop rate isn’t too bad, his percent of caught balls isn’t terrible, at least compared to what it was in his last year in BUF and only year in LA. Seems like he mostly doesn’t get targets and I don’t know why without actually watching him play. I feel like, despite underwhelming stats in KC, he could be a pretty decent cheap 3 for us, an improvement over Ridley or Miller in theory. That is if we are comfortable making Mooney the two and don’t go WR in the draft. 

The Eagles signed Joe Flacco. One less potential trade partner for Foles. 😒

10 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

I’m going to preface this by saying I haven’t watched Sammy Watkins at all for a few years but looking at his stats I wonder what it is that stops him from being more prolific. Does he run poor routes? His drop rate isn’t too bad, his percent of caught balls isn’t terrible, at least compared to what it was in his last year in BUF and only year in LA. Seems like he mostly doesn’t get targets and I don’t know why without actually watching him play. I feel like, despite underwhelming stats in KC, he could be a pretty decent cheap 3 for us, an improvement over Ridley or Miller in theory. That is if we are comfortable making Mooney the two and don’t go WR in the draft. 

I'm surprised the Chiefs let him get to free agency, as they seemed to really like the guy. How much was he making last year? 

58 minutes ago, The_Romen said:

It's a good pick up. Paid a bit but WCjr wasn't doing much and Porter wasn't worth the contract he got.

obviously we paid up - he's an all start center that's signed for 2 more years after this and his salary DECREASES as the years go on. otto wasn't going to be here past this year. WCJ hasn't lived up to his horford-lite billing and is hurt a lot. the 2 firsts are an asset, but if we make the playoffs this year and (expectedly in 2023) then they fall outside the lottery anyways.

would love a lauri for lonzo trade now - if not we can go after him as an RFA that might make it difficult for nola to match.

AK is setting the bulls up for the future. making it a place for future players to WANT to come to. thats a great thing. in the past... what, 15 years - GarPax made 2 trades with the thought of improving the team - John Salmons and OPJ. AK has done more for the Bulls in the last year than GarPax did in the past decade combined. 

• Like 4