TABT: Around the NFL

1 minute ago, beardown3231 said:

It'll be hilarious now with this SF/Miami trade when Atlanta stays put at 4 & takes Fields, leaving Carolina with Jones at 8

Duh Bears!

Bears getting a top-QB this year was a pipe dream to begin with

They're likely going to have to take what they can get...which may not end up being a bad thing after all

Because if I'm Bears ownership I'm not letting this regime trade tons of future assets for an unknown QB.  That's a disaster waiting to happen and will only set this team back even more of it flops

Massive trade by the Niners to go to top three. This trade on paper looks worse than what Pace did to move up a slot in the 2017 draft.

Getting a QB clouds all GM's judgement. 

1 minute ago, topwop1 said:

Bears getting a top-QB this year was a pipe dream to begin with

They're likely going to have to take what they can get...which may not end up being a bad thing after all

Because if I'm Bears ownership I'm not letting this regime trade tons of future assets for an unknown QB.  That's a disaster waiting to happen and will only set this team back even more of it flops

Let's roll with Andy and get a future LT in the first. 

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, Nads786 said:

Let's roll with Andy and get a future LT in the first. 

I mean..if a top tackle is sitting there at 20 then it's a no brainer.  Unless Trey Lance/Mac Jones is there...which is looking more unlikely now

I'm totally cool with following this strategy and then drafting a QB like Mond/Mills/Newman/Trask/Ehlinger/Franks/Buechele somewhere in the mid rounds

• Like 1
32 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

I mean..if a top tackle is sitting there at 20 then it's a no brainer.  Unless Trey Lance/Mac Jones is there...which is looking more unlikely now

I'm totally cool with following this strategy and then drafting a QB like Mond/Mills/Newman/Trask/Ehlinger/Franks/Buechele somewhere in the mid rounds

I'm fine with it too, as long as they get Mills or Trask in the second. Anybody any later...well, Mond is good, but needs to sit. Other than that, they might as well tank, really. 

5 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

Hope we are in on Jarran Reed when he us released...that DL is in transition and signing him opens up options if we do want rid of Hicks.

he was supposed to make 8.5 this year, i'm not sure how we afford him unless we cut hicks to do it

7 hours ago, HuskieBear said:

he was supposed to make 8.5 this year, i'm not sure how we afford him unless we cut hicks to do it

That is the reason he is being cut in Seattle...no one is paying him that kind of money on the open market.

6 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

That is the reason he is being cut in Seattle...no one is paying him that kind of money on the open market.

He is going to get paid real money. He had 6.5 sacks last season. 

We really can’t afford more investment in a DL that already has 2 multi year-multi million backups.

4 hours ago, WindyCity said:

He is going to get paid real money. He had 6.5 sacks last season. 

We really can’t afford more investment in a DL that already has 2 multi year-multi million backups.

I see him as a cheaper and probably at this point healthier Hicks.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Heinz D. said:

Does Reed have the necessary size to play on the Bears? 

6'3" 307lbs is good size for a DE in this scheme...Hicks when he was 100% was a freak but the size Reed has is similar to Nichols and some of the other 3-4 DEs we see around the league...adding Goldman back into the mix gives us the run stopping size we need.

• Like 1