TABT: Around the NFL

JAF-N72EX

31 minutes ago, soulman said:

Dak Prescott, another very good college QB we passed on so we could draft an ILB, FS, and a CB only one of whom is still with us and mostly a backup to EJax.

And Vea is a younger version of Akiem Hicks.  The kid is a beast.

Honestly Kellen Moore is getting my attention more and more as a potential head coach. He is been with DAL since 2018 and Dak had his rebound in 2018 after the sophomore slump. I'm really digging the guy overall since he has been developing Dak.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, soulman said:

Dak Prescott, another very good college QB we passed on so we could draft an ILB, FS, and a CB only one of whom is still with us and mostly a backup to EJax.

And...you're debating the wisdom of all those moves/non-moves?

200.gif

• Like 1

2 hours ago, soulman said:

I remember my friend and I banging the table for Dak when he came out and be absolutely appalled that they passed on him. I didn't think he'd be a top QB like he is now, but I definitely thought he'd be good. Definitely thought he needed more work than he apparently actually did.

Vea is such a monster. He just walked over the interior of their line.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, The_Romen said:

I remember my friend and I banging the table for Dak when he came out and be absolutely appalled that they passed on him. I didn't think he'd be a top QB like he is now, but I definitely thought he'd be good. Definitely thought he needed more work than he apparently actually did.

Vea is such a monster. He just walked over the interior of their line.

In my real-time draft I took him in the 4th before DAL did, since they used a compensatory pick to get him. I thought the same, he just was better than we expected.

• Like 1

What I find odd is that it was 2016 and by then we had to know that a parting of the ways with Cutler was on the horizon.  In so many ways Prescott was similar to Trubisky but with more college experience and a winning record.

So there's sits Prescott still on the board in the 4th round and even after taking Kwit first we had two more 4th round picks we spent on Deon Bush and Deondre Hall!!!!  Why when in need of a rookie QB to develop did Pace pass on him?

I can't help but thinking that Mitch was no more prepared to start as a rookie than Prescott was and both would need developing but Prescott would have gotten a year playing behind Cutler while a year later Mitch ended up replacing Glennon.

Turn the page to 2017 and we own the #3 overall pick.

We could still have drafted another QB to compete with Prescott but there would've been no pressure to trade up for Mitch.  In fact we could just as easily have traded down and taken Mahomes or Watson or another position player and gotten picks as opposed to losing them.

I realize hindsight is always 20/20 but I can recall thinking that we should draft Prescott and that urge grew the farther he dropped down the board.  Decisions like this one is one reason why I continue to criticize Pace for his lack of consistency in his draft strategies.

He's a bit like a car you really love to look at and drive but somethings keeps breaking down on you costing you money at every turn......also called a SAAB.....😢.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

Mailata just got paid. Dude has a ton of potential. When he was on last year he was great, when he was off his rawness was being exploited. I'm pretty sure I snagged him in a real time draft before PHI got him. Excited for the kid. 

IR for two years before last season as well...truthfully I think it is a massive overpayment from a franchise who seem to be falling apart.

On 9/11/2021 at 3:16 AM, soulman said:

What I find odd is that it was 2016 and by then we had to know that a parting of the ways with Cutler was on the horizon.  In so many ways Prescott was similar to Trubisky but with more college experience and a winning record.

So there's sits Prescott still on the board in the 4th round and even after taking Kwit first we had two more 4th round picks we spent on Deon Bush and Deondre Hall!!!!  Why when in need of a rookie QB to develop did Pace pass on him?

I can't help but thinking that Mitch was no more prepared to start as a rookie than Prescott was and both would need developing but Prescott would have gotten a year playing behind Cutler while a year later Mitch ended up replacing Glennon.

Turn the page to 2017 and we own the #3 overall pick.

We could still have drafted another QB to compete with Prescott but there would've been no pressure to trade up for Mitch.  In fact we could just as easily have traded down and taken Mahomes or Watson or another position player and gotten picks as opposed to losing them.

I realize hindsight is always 20/20 but I can recall thinking that we should draft Prescott and that urge grew the farther he dropped down the board.  Decisions like this one is one reason why I continue to criticize Pace for his lack of consistency in his draft strategies.

He's a bit like a car you really love to look at and drive but somethings keeps breaking down on you costing you money at every turn......also called a SAAB.....😢.

For every Prescott you could’ve had, there’s 10 Jimmy Clausens. Hindsight is 20:20

• Like 1