NFL General Discussion

candyman93

3 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I’m guessing maybe the Ravens can’t afford paying 2 tackles top tier money?

Brown had asked for a trade because he wanted to play (and get paid to play) LT instead of RT. He played great while Stanley was down with injury and said he didn't want to go back to RT.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Bucky Brooks agrees with me and @NudeTayne Ravens should ditch Lamar.

They should go with Brett Huntley though.

That certainly underestimates the difficulty of finding a QB.  It's interesting to talk about in theory, but not too many NFL teams are gonna let their FQB just walk away because he's too expensive.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ReggieCamp said:

That certainly underestimates the difficulty of finding a QB.  It's interesting to talk about in theory, but not too many NFL teams are gonna let their FQB just walk away because he's too expensive.

Yeah if there’s any notable regression everyone loses their jobs with a move like that.

On 4/24/2021 at 9:44 AM, candyman93 said:

Bucky Brooks agrees with me and @NudeTayne Ravens should ditch Lamar.

They should go with Brett Huntley though.

I mean if you want to float crazy ideas and get paid for them that's one right there.

If Lamar was having a Daniel Jones type of career so far I'd understand the discussion. But he has an MVP, playoff win, and is not holding them back enough to draft another QB. I think they would be doing us a favor if they did that. So ok, go for it

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, JDD said:

I mean if you want to float crazy ideas and get paid for them that's one right there.

If Lamar was having a Daniel Jones type of career so far I'd understand the discussion. But he has an MVP, playoff win, and is not holding them back enough to draft another QB. I think they would be doing us a favor if they did that. So ok, go for it

Yeah that’s silly season nonsense for clicks.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:
4 hours ago, JDD said:

Yeah that’s silly season nonsense for clicks.

Oh yeah. There are certainly questions about Lamar going forward but there is a bar in place that says a team should move on or continue. Some QBs align right at that bar and make the decision difficult, like Andy Dalton who was the football version of Mario Mendoza. Lamar is significantly above that bar because he does Lamar things. There is very very little to gain and everything to lose if they move on from him. No one would fault a GM for going forward with Lamar even if he falters. Many would fault a GM for moving on no matter what happened in the future.

7 hours ago, ditchdigger said:

I would dance the most joyous dance a man can dance if the Ravens moved on from Lamar.

I say bring back Flacco. He was elite.

To quote a good buddy who I used to work with:

I got a shirt that says he is elite, so it must be true

Edited by JDD