NFL General Discussion

candyman93

On 6/6/2021 at 8:21 PM, bruceb said:

TEN is a good team but this acquisition smacks of reaching like they did on Clowney thinking they were just one piece away and that he would take them over the top.

He won't.

I don’t think Tannehill is that good either. I’ve never seen him have to make tough throws like Baker has.

19 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

I don’t think Tannehill is that good either. I’ve never seen him have to make tough throws like Baker has.

Someone(s) in TEN is/are thinking like Dorsey did when he traded for Beckham.

On 6/6/2021 at 8:21 PM, bruceb said:

TEN is a good team but this acquisition smacks of reaching like they did on Clowney thinking they were just one piece away and that he would take them over the top.

He won't.

I wouldn't say we reached on Clowney considering we didn't give him a monster contract. We did expect him to be way more productive though and thought his acquisition would fix the pass rush, but that definitely wasn't the case.

Adding Julio may not put us over the top but it does put us closer. Before adding him we had nothing behind AJ besides rookies, practice squaders, and inexperienced guys. Now defenses can't just load the box to stop Henry and key on AJ while betting on the nobody's at WR to beat them.

If Julio gives us Clowney-like production then it's definitely a reach because of what we gave up for him, what we're paying him, and for how long we're on the hook for paying him. I certainly don't expect that though unless injuries get the best of him. He was on his way to another routine pro bowl season (91/1370) before the hamstring bit him.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, dtait93 said:

I wouldn't say we reached on Clowney considering we didn't give him a monster contract. We did expect him to be way more productive though and thought his acquisition would fix the pass rush, but that definitely wasn't the case.

Adding Julio may not put us over the top but it does put us closer. Before adding him we had nothing behind AJ besides rookies, practice squaders, and inexperienced guys. Now defenses can't just load the box to stop Henry and key on AJ while betting on the nobody's at WR to beat them.

If Julio gives us Clowney-like production then it's definitely a reach because of what we gave up for him, what we're paying him, and for how long we're on the hook for paying him. I certainly don't expect that though unless injuries get the best of him. He was on his way to another routine pro bowl season (91/1370) before the hamstring bit him.

Yeah I have to agree. I think this move gives TEN some fire power with Jones and Brown and improves their team. I think they are definitely the best team in their division now and if their defense gels they could really have a shot at a SB. 

• 3 weeks later...