NFL General Discussion

candyman93

10 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I’m on board with cutting Mack, but Smith is washed.

Teams don’t let good players walk and pay their salary.

Yes they do. Happens all the time when a team wants to get out of paying them the next year. Just usually happens in camp.  Eat it now and have the money the following season. He’s worth a risk on a small deal. He’s better than Mack and we desperately need some speed at LB outside of JOK. Malcolm Smith looks like he’s running in cement shoes. 

1 minute ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Yes they do. Happens all the time when a team wants to get out of paying them the next year. Just usually happens in camp.  Eat it now and have the money the following season. He’s worth a risk on a small deal. He’s better than Mack and we desperately need some speed at LB outside of JOK. Malcolm Smith looks like he’s running in cement shoes. 

I’m not going to pretend I watch a lot of cowboys games, but by multiple accounts he’s lost his athleticism and looks absolutely washed.

Cutting him now would confirm that.

If you want someone with some speed in their, play Fields or go looking across practice squads.

His name is what’s valuable, not his actual ability by all accounts.

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I’m not going to pretend I watch a lot of cowboys games, but by multiple accounts he’s lost his athleticism and looks absolutely washed.

Cutting him now would confirm that.

If you want someone with some speed in their, play Fields or go looking across practice squads.

His name is what’s valuable, not his actual ability by all accounts.

He’s 26 not 36. I’d rather take my chance on him a guy who was great only a few years ago and is still very young rather than some PS guy. Maybe he needs a scheme change. I just think he’s worth the risk an a small 1 year deal. Everyone thought Malcolm smith was useless and washed last year and we signed him and he was probably our best Lb.