NFL General Discussion

candyman93

13 minutes ago, DawgX said:

Hasn't worked for us but we spent years with nothing working for us. And how many WRs have we used first round picks on? Coleman was the last one and that was like 5-6 years ago.

I'm not against adding a stud LB or DT in round one, but WR is easily our biggest need. We need to add at least two. And there's been plenty of receivers in recent years who have very much proven to be worthy of a first round pick.

Do not disagree.

But WRs are a crap shoot. You can point to one who was a success picked R1 or R4.

Also, I believe in building on strengths and I believe our D is closer to being our strength than our O,.

I am still not sure that Stefanski knows how or wants to use WRs as a focal point of his O or that Mayfield can take advantage of good WRs.

Lots of unknowns/variables.

12 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

CTE will get blamed which will make him a victim but he was a tool way before the Burfict hit. Now he just has another excuse to do whatever he wants.

Just to add on to this. We’ve seen narcissistic divas in the NFL, especially at WR.

However, he CLEARLY has deeper issues than that. Drugs? Alcohol? Bipolar disorder? I don’t know, but he’s going to get examined for CTE when his time comes.

18 hours ago, bruceb said:

Dunno.

That's when I get into BPA and relative need.

Not high on using a R1 pick on a WR.

Hasn't seemed to work since Warfield.

When have the Browns spent 1st on a WR?

They have only spent a 1st rd pick on a WR 6x. Coleman,Edwards, and 4 others.

Edwards worked but he had his knee issues but becamea diva queen but he was worth the 1st.

Idk, lets actually draft a legit WR. Coleman was a guy that was "OMG he was fast and produced in college" even tho he had a very limited route tree in college.

I am sure a hell not passing up on the likes of Garrett Wilson because the browns havent had success at drafting WRs.

4 hours ago, candyman93 said:

You cannot convince me that this hit didn’t have long term damaging effects. This type of hit would kill or severely damage 85-90% of most people.

completely agree. Brown is not all there anymore

• Like 1

12 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Packers are my pick to win the Super Bowl.

They have the least amount of flaws.

Its hard to pick the packers to win the SB, they always  disappoint in the playoffs. Still crazy to think Rodgers has only played in 1SB

Edited by buno67

9 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Its hard to pick the packers to win the SB, they always  disappoint in the playoffs. Still crazy to think Rodgers has only played in 1SB

I’m just factoring in what I also see around the league. Tampa Bay is injured and old. Dallas is Dallas. Rams look soft. Arizona has a questionable HC.

Kansas City has been extremely sloppy all year and it’s going to prevent them from even making the super bowl. Buffalo would beat them right now.

Green Bay has struggled in some games, but I don’t see a true weakness.

41 minutes ago, buno67 said:

When have the Browns spent 1st on a WR?

They have only spent a 1st rd pick on a WR 6x. Coleman,Edwards, and 4 others.

Edwards worked but he had his knee issues but becamea diva queen but he was worth the 1st.

Idk, lets actually draft a legit WR. Coleman was a guy that was "OMG he was fast and produced in college" even tho he had a very limited route tree in college.

I am sure a hell not passing up on the likes of Garrett Wilson because the browns havent had success at drafting WRs.

Serious question, I don't watch enough OSU football to know.

Is Wilson that good?  I've watched him play and Olave play for short spans and it seems like Olave is the better route runner, the faster player, and better hands.

What makes Wilson too hard to pass up?

again, not trying to start anything, legitimately asking.

45 minutes ago, CBrownsman said:

Serious question, I don't watch enough OSU football to know.

Is Wilson that good?  I've watched him play and Olave play for short spans and it seems like Olave is the better route runner, the faster player, and better hands.

What makes Wilson too hard to pass up?

again, not trying to start anything, legitimately asking.

idk, he was one of the most physically gifted WRs Ive ever seen at tOSU prolly since David Boston. You would just have to watch his highlights. I would be happy with Olave too. I just think Wilson has a higher ceiling

48 minutes ago, buno67 said:

idk, he was one of the most physically gifted WRs Ive ever seen at tOSU prolly since David Boston. You would just have to watch his highlights. I would be happy with Olave too. I just think Wilson has a higher ceiling

Fair enough.  I've watched and what concerns me is the way he pulls the ball into his chest as opposed to catching away from his body with his hands, but I will have to look more at it.

I still think with how hard it is to project a WR I would rather take a DT (if one of the top two are available) or DE in the first and wait on WR until the second, but I understand the need may be too high if there is a sure thing available.

Also hinders on re-signing Clowney *crosses fingers*

13. CLEVELAND BROWNS: WR GARRETT WILSON, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

Wilson is a route-running savant. He’s sudden and fluid, and he ranked in the 93rd percentile in separation percentage against single coverage for the 2021 season. The 6-foot, 192-pound receiver played primarily in the slot in 2020 before transitioning to the outside for 2021, yet he still managed to average more than 3.00 yards per route run each year.

https://www.pff.com/news/draft-2022-nfl-mock-draft-jacksonville-jaguars-michigan-edge-aidan-hutchinson-no-1-overall-pick-denver-broncos-quarterback-matt-corral-ole-miss

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Dawgpoun8017 said:

13. CLEVELAND BROWNS: WR GARRETT WILSON, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

Wilson is a route-running savant. He’s sudden and fluid, and he ranked in the 93rd percentile in separation percentage against single coverage for the 2021 season. The 6-foot, 192-pound receiver played primarily in the slot in 2020 before transitioning to the outside for 2021, yet he still managed to average more than 3.00 yards per route run each year.

https://www.pff.com/news/draft-2022-nfl-mock-draft-jacksonville-jaguars-michigan-edge-aidan-hutchinson-no-1-overall-pick-denver-broncos-quarterback-matt-corral-ole-miss

This is the way.