NFL General Discussion

candyman93

1 hour ago, Kiwibrown said:

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-2022-free-agent-rankings-free-agency

Clowney comes in at 13th ranked free agent to pff. The list is old so he might have climbed a spot with his performance over week 16+17

Letting him walk would be like not adding a WR in the off-season. Completely inexcusable given how much cap space we have every year.

I wish fans would stop trying to make a well rounded team because they don’t exist unless you have Tom Brady who masks your deficiencies.

Edited by candyman93
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Letting him walk would be like not adding a WR in the off-season. Completely inexcusable given how much cap space we have every year.

I wish fans would stop trying to make a well rounded team because they don’t exist unless you have Tom Brady who masks your deficiencies.

If we could get a WR in the first it would make things a lot easier rather than having to pay clowney plus a FA WR a boat load. 

4 hours ago, candyman93 said:

It just comes down to whether he wants to be here. He's saying so the right stuff, but we'll see when money is involved. I'm sure they want to give him something like 3/$48mil, but he might try to get 4/$80mil from a Jacksonville or Detroit. We could always franchise him, but that seems unfavorable.

Edited by NudeTayne
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

It just comes down to whether he wants to be here. He's saying so the right stuff, but we'll see when money is involved. I'm sure they want to give him something like 3/$48mil, but he might try to get 4/$80mil from a Jacksonville or Detroit. We could always franchise him, but that seems unfavorable.

That’s entirely possible, but I hope people realize you’re creating a massive hole just like there’s a hole at WR.

If we’re expecting Myles to be the lone pass rusher bringing it next year the defense is screwed.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

That’s entirely possible, but I hope people realize you’re creating a massive hole just like there’s a hole at WR.

If we’re expecting Myles to be the lone pass rusher bringing it next year the defense is screwed.

Conversely, Clowney might just miss half of next season injured either way. I like the idea of signing him and also drafting an edge at some point.

• Like 7

26 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

no not expecting Myles to be the lone pass rusher 

one of my drafts has us signing Clowney plus drafting pass rushers 1 and 2 because this draft is deep in pass rushers.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, candyman93 said:

I think that’s why we need to double dip at both spots tbh.

I don’t think we can rely on a rookie alone for the production we need nor can we continue to be required to spend a ton of cash on vets.

Lock up Clowney for 2-3 years and overpay for a quality staring WR in FA. Both spots should be addressed day 1/2.

• Like 2