NFL General Discussion

candyman93

The Super Bowl is really hard to predict.

Eagles pass rush is the best I’ve seen in years. They have pass rushers at all 4 spots on that line and phenomenal backups as well. 3rd most sacks by a team in a season.

https://www.statmuse.com/nfl/ask/most-sacks-by-a-team-in-season

However, I do NOT trust Jalen Hurts.

Edited by candyman93

14 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

The law of sunk costs is lost on Denver...they doubled down with a horrendous trade and massive overpay on Wilson into another huge sunk trade cost with massive overpay on draft assets.

And I'm here for it. I hope Denver sucks forever.

That was dumb of them. I think Payton is great and coaches are the most important part of your organization.

With that said, their roster is brutal. At its peak, they're "middling." They will also have no draft capital moving forward and will complicate that with zero cap space. In a brutal division.

This should have been a full scale rebuild, but Denver is pushing all of their chips to the table with a god-awful football team. Bold move, Cotton.

6 minutes ago, BetterCallSaul said:

That was dumb of them. I think Payton is great and coaches are the most important part of your organization.

With that said, their roster is brutal. At its peak, they're "middling." They will also have no draft capital moving forward and will complicate that with zero cap space. In a brutal division.

This should have been a full scale rebuild, but Denver is pushing all of their chips to the table with a god-awful football team. Bold move, Cotton.

IMO, you run it back in 2023 with your roster largely intact because you have zero choice and you bring in the best offensive mind that you possibly can to salvage Russ and hope it works...but you don't take a team bereft of draft capital and locked into an egregiously bad contract and then trade whatever assets you have and then mortgage 2025-2027 as well.

Then again, it's great to see that organization floundering and I hope it never ends.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, BetterCallSaul said:

Their defense is legit.  Apparently Payton has a high level of confidence he’s gonna be able to squeeze 24 points a game out of Wilson and that offense, but to say I have my doubts would be an understatement.

What Wilson did last year wasn’t really an aberration.  A buddy who’s a Seahawks fan has been pointing out a lot of the issues that were obvious last season for a couple years now, particularly his ineffectiveness over the middle of the field.

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

What Wilson did last year wasn’t really an aberration.  A buddy who’s a Seahawks fan has been pointing out a lot of the issues that were obvious last season for a couple years now, particularly his ineffectiveness over the middle of the field.

100%. If you can force Wilson to a direction and not let him bounce back and forth playing scramble drill with his WR's, he's not very effective. Blitz one side, contain on the other end, and make him play pocket passer. He's not terrible as a pocket passer (outside of last year), but he becomes a significantly worse player.

It's why I scoffed at any idea of trading for Wilson. He's 100x better than I thought he'd be coming out of college, but the idea that he was an elite QB was something I wasn't at all sold on.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, BetterCallSaul said:

100%. If you can force Wilson to a direction and not let him bounce back and forth playing scramble drill with his WR's, he's not very effective. Blitz one side, contain on the other end, and make him play pocket passer. He's not terrible as a pocket passer (outside of last year), but he becomes a significantly worse player.

It's why I scoffed at any idea of trading for Wilson. He's 100x better than I thought he'd be coming out of college, but the idea that he was an elite QB was something I wasn't at all sold on.

And the thing that made him so dangerous, his athleticism/mobility is only regress moving forward.