NFL General Discussion

candyman93

4 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Guy is a monster in the playoffs. Has the 3rd most playoff sacks of all time iirc (1 behind Bruce smith). He’s also a Glenville native.

I have a feeling he's going to get a bigger contract than what we can spend

If the Jets land Rodgers, thank God we traded for Watson. For those who disagree because you don’t like him as a person- I get it.

However, if you somehow think we’d be a playoff team with Baker + draft picks you’re delusional as hell. I need you to look at the current landscape of the AFC and explain to me how we’d be a playoff team.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

If the Jets land Rodgers, thank God we traded for Watson. For those who disagree because you don’t like him as a person- I get it.

However, if you somehow think we’d be a playoff team with Baker + draft picks you’re delusional as hell. I need you to look at the current landscape of the AFC and explain to me how we’d be a playoff team.

Celebrate Rest In Peace GIF by Jason Clarke

Nice knowing you pal, he’s never gonna let this slide.

• Like 3

Really interested to see what happens with Lamar.

Part of me wants Baltimore to give him a massive contract and another part of me wants him gone. Like, he's dangerous to go up against and isn't fun to defend. He's a weapon. But I don't think his game is going to age well.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DawgX said:

Part of me wants Baltimore to give him a massive contract and another part of me wants him gone. Like, he's dangerous to go up against and isn't fun to defend. He's a weapon. But I don't think his game is going to age well.

Lamar and Fields will be like the runningbacks of the qb market great on their rookie conteac5 and age poorly. 

Lamar is better fran fields as a passer though and if he works at it could be a great passer imo

1 hour ago, DawgX said:

I’m actually really hoping that the ravens sign him to a long term guaranteed deal. I’m not seeing him improving at all. 

1 hour ago, DawgX said:

Correction. We're a playoff team with Mayfield, odajibo, dt davis, jameson williams and grady jarrett.

The real question is are we better now or with Brissett/project QB and three first round picks (plus a couple other picks) and 40 million extra in cap to spend.

We'll never really know but we'll know if this plan worked or not and judge by that.

3 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

The real question is are we better now or with Brissett/project QB and three first round picks (plus a couple other picks) and 40 million extra in cap to spend.

We'll never really know but we'll know if this plan worked or not and judge by that.

Watson's play will determine if it was a good trade or not. Maybe we could have hit on a QB, but we haven't done so in years. And last year's QB class stunk.

I get you hate the trade, and I certainly didn't love it at the time. But from a strictly football perspective, it made sense why we pulled the trigger. This team is built to win now but the FO/coaching staff didn't believe we had the QB to win a Super Bowl. They felt they had to make a move for a QB, and I don't blame them.