NFL General Discussion

candyman93

18 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

And I get that some people are enamored with traits, but Richardson isn’t just a project, but he was flat out a bad college quarterback. I watched him, and he was terrible. Can’t read a defense. Tremendous athlete, and maybe he will find some sort of niche, but the odds are against him, being a good starting quarterback. Im no expert though.

I agree, for him to have any chance he needs to sit for at least a couple years and get really good coaching 

Chicago should now go OL at 9 for sure, someone like Paris Johnson or Broderick Jones, or even consider another trade back for an OL and then adding more picks for more OL, because they need 3-4 new guys there. On paper their WR trio is solid with Moore, Claypool, and Mooney.

Their defense is a disaster but really who cares, protect and develop your quarterback is priority 1.

LOL

ESPN is a complete meme. Their story about the trade gushes over Young and Levis as potentially #1 overall picks with mention of Richardson’s attributes and potential with almost zero mention of Stroud. Almost like they have a monopolistic approach to their relationship with the SEC. They’ve become a complete meme. Such a hack journalism company now.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

LOL

ESPN is a complete meme. Their story about the trade gushes over Young and Levis as potentially #1 overall picks with mention of Richardson’s attributes and potential with almost zero mention of Stroud. Almost like they have a monopolistic approach to their relationship with the SEC. They’ve become a complete meme. Such a hack journalism company now.

CJ Stroud doesn't produce clicks, he is just a good all around solid player, he isn't flashy or super athletic, which is sad cause he is talented and should get some press, all media now is just tabloid media.  I personally think the panthers will take Stroud he seems to fit the mold of what Reich has worked with and utilized in the past.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MWil23 said:

Chicago should now go OL at 9 for sure, someone like Paris Johnson or Broderick Jones, or even consider another trade back for an OL and then adding more picks for more OL, because they need 3-4 new guys there. On paper their WR trio is solid with Moore, Claypool, and Mooney.

Their defense is a disaster but really who cares, protect and develop your quarterback is priority 1.

I would love to see them get Johnson. I hope he is there at 9

On 3/8/2023 at 11:14 AM, brownie man said:

Telling you bro

they want Grant in the box

I’m 99.9% sure it’s either going to be Jessie Bates or Juan Thornhill coming in at FS.

On 3/8/2023 at 11:25 AM, BetterCallSaul said:

He's more than athletic enough to play FS. It's actually less thinking than the S that has to roll into the box.

I'm 90% sure it won't be either one of them. Think cheaper.

😘

looks like my 99.9% won over your 90% 😉 

Edited by brownie man
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

It's a crazy situation with Lamar. 

If he was more of a passing qbni bet the contract would have been done by now. 

Running qbs can be super effective, but wear ao much quicker and there injury margin for success is so much more narrow. 

A passing qb can play with a bum knee or hip, and be 90% effective while that would halve a running qb.

1 minute ago, Kiwibrown said:

It's a crazy situation with Lamar. 

If he was more of a passing qbni bet the contract would have been done by now. 

Running qbs can be super effective, but wear ao much quicker and there injury margin for success is so much more narrow. 

A passing qb can play with a bum knee or hip, and be 90% effective while that would halve a running qb.

His passing has never been an issue in the nfl. This is collusion at the highest level since kap. The Watson contract triggered owners so bad. 

36 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

His passing has never been an issue in the nfl. This is collusion at the highest level since kap. The Watson contract triggered owners so bad. 

Um, what?

His passing may not be as bad as some make it seem, but he is an extremely inconsistent passer. Once his athleticism goes even a bit, he's toast.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, DawgX said:

Um, what?

His passing may not be as bad as some make it seem, but he is an extremely inconsistent passer. Once his athleticism goes even a bit, he's toast.

Yep.

People seem to think it’s 2019 or some ish.  Dude has been meh for 3 years and had one really elite season.

• Like 1