NFL General Discussion

candyman93

2 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Then how do they steamroll us by 30 everytime we play

I’ve been beating this drum for the better part of 2 decades, but continuity.

They have the same dudes drafting the same type of players into the same system and have with few changes since the 70’s.

They draft, develop and resign talent to team friendly deals as opposed to paying top dollar in UFA.

They have a 3 year plan and execute it.  

Jesus, just look at the home grown talent on that defense. 

• Like 1

Just now, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I’ve been beating this drum for the better part of 2 decades, but continuity.

They have the same dudes drafting the same type of players into the same system and have with few changes since the 70’s.

They draft, develop and resign talent to team friendly deals as opposed to paying top dollar in UFA.

They have a 3 year plan and execute it.  

Jesus, just look at the home grown talent on that defense. 

Yet also look at the trades they are able to make.

The Ravens got Marcus Peters, Yannick Ngakwe and Calais Campbell for a grand total of, wait for it.........Kenny Young, 3rd round pick, two 5th round picks. Thats it. They basically got 3 Pro Bowlers for free.

Yet we are over here as Browns fans wondering if we should toss a 1st rounder for Anthony Harris.

34 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Yet also look at the trades they are able to make.

The Ravens got Marcus Peters, Yannick Ngakwe and Calais Campbell for a grand total of, wait for it.........Kenny Young, 3rd round pick, two 5th round picks. Thats it. They basically got 3 Pro Bowlers for free.

Yet we are over here as Browns fans wondering if we should toss a 1st rounder for Anthony Harris.

Those guys are established stars for mid round picks. I’m all for getting those guys.

Williams is nowhere near the player for a larger cost.

Just now, Reginaldm9 said:

We're in year 1 of a competent organization. They're in year like 50 something. 

We are always in year 1 of something its getting old. I dont think beating the steelers is as complicated as the Browns make it out to be. They lose to other teams they only see once per 4 years every season.  I think its all mental

2 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Those guys are established stars for mid round picks. I’m all for getting those guys.

Williams is nowhere near the player for a larger cost.

I get it but I wish we could pull some of these trades. We did it with Landry 2 years ago but I would like to see the Browns feast more on rebuilding teams for their assets.

Like Myles Jack lol

1 minute ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Because they have a first ballot HOF QB

Ben did nothing special in that game, it was the 1st ballot HOF defense they have. The Browns can stop Ben, Im never worried about him, the problem is the Browns need to punch the Steelers defense in the mouth and keep pace--which is where the steamrolling usually comes from

• Like 1

Just now, candyman93 said:

I’d trade a 2nd for Williams in a second.

You guys do realize some teams just flat out suck at developing guys right?

Yeah, and we are one of them... Not like our d tackles are blowing away expectations over the last few years.

Edited by Here'sJim