NFL General Discussion

candyman93

7 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I do and I don't. I think ATL is a darkhorse for the #1 overall pick and they have a pretty lousy roster (bonus points that we lost to them last year).

It has a very NYG and Saquon Barkley vibe to it.

I would disagree. I think they've got a good OL, great TE, legit #1 WR, a slew of RB's, and a bleh QB. They need WR depth and a better QB, assuming Ridder doesn't take a big step. On defense, they have a ton of mid-tier pass rushers, Grady Jarrett, a solid CB room, a good young core of LB's, and above average safety play.

Also, this is a team that is playing in a layup division. I think they're the favorites to win that division right now. Guess we shall see.

Just now, BetterCallSaul said:

I would disagree. I think they've got a good OL,

Agree

great TE,

I personally don't think he's great. I think he's got some promise

legit #1 WR,

They sure could use another guy or two IMO, and that IMO is more important than a RB which is a luxury for a team like them.

a slew of RB's,

Correct

and a bleh QB.

Probably, but it'll be hard to say if something happens to London, and Pitts thus far has been up and down.

They need WR depth

Correct. They could have had the #1 overall WR in the draft last night, and I think JSN makes a great #2 personally. A trio of him, London, and Pitts doesn't suck

and a better QB, assuming Ridder doesn't take a big step.

Agree

On defense, they have a ton of mid-tier pass rushers, Grady Jarrett, a solid CB room, a good young core of LB's, and above average safety play.

Solid CB room? Eh, I don't personally agree but that's just me

Also, this is a team that is playing in a layup division. I think they're the favorites to win that division right now. Guess we shall see.

Fair enough on the weak division comment, albeit New Orleans intrigues me some.

5 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

And put me firmly in the "to evaluate a young QB you need to give him weapons and an OL" camp. Someone like JSN as a WR or even an EDGE/CB were pretty obvious needs.

They do have London and Pitts as targets paired with a great ground game, I’ll give them that much.

5 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

If I'm drafting Bijan, I'm a team like Dallas, Philly, Kansas City, Buffalo, or Cincinnati...a dynamic playmaker at a position of need that gives you another dimension.

It’s a luxury pick for a team that’s looking for the final piece to get them over the top, yes.

@BetterCallSaul 

My TL;DR synopsis:

Bijan Robinson is arguably the best player in the draft. By default, that's not a bad pick. That said, I'd have personally gone elsewhere given the production that they already have intact on their roster to go with solid depth at that spot on their roster.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

They do have London and Pitts as targets paired with a great ground game, I’ll give them that much.

Pitts had an elite rookie year no doubt. He was hurt a lot last year, so we shall see. London looked good as a rookie, but I guess in my world, I'd like to have a 3rd guy/another dimension on the outside in some capacity.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

@BetterCallSaul 

My TL;DR synopsis:

Bijan Robinson is arguably the best player in the draft. By default, that's not a bad pick. That said, I'd have personally gone elsewhere given the production that they already have intact on their roster to go with solid depth at that spot on their roster.

But think about the position they would be in to attract an elite QB if Ridder doesn’t pan out. Their offense should be dynamic. 

8 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Pitts had an elite rookie year no doubt. He was hurt a lot last year, so we shall see. London looked good as a rookie, but I guess in my world, I'd like to have a 3rd guy/another dimension on the outside in some capacity.

You mean Calvin Ridley?

6 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Probably a 1700 yard back who do you guard he is a legit yak leader .

They are immediately in the running with him to lead the conference in offense.

Browns for example will be at the bottom of there conference with a hof running.

5 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

But think about the position they would be in to attract an elite QB if Ridder doesn’t pan out. Their offense should be dynamic. 

No doubt, albeit like I said I'd still prefer another WR opposite London personally and/or a burner type. Maybe they still get that today though.

4 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

You mean Calvin Ridley?

I was thinking more like a JSN instead, but yeah Ridley did them zero favors

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BetterCallSaul said:

Every year I feel like they're going to be awful & they never are. 

I just love schematically what they do on defense. They line up, play gap sound football, and typically have good to great DB play and the ability to generate a pass rush.

Offensively, they usually are solid up front. Throw in a Chris Olave and even a deteriorating Alvin Kamara, and that's not the end of the world.

Derek Carr won't lose them any games, so they'll land somewhere between 7 and 11 wins by default IMO.

19 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

11 minutes ago, ditchdigger said:

Or take a shot on one like the 49ers. It's not a bad model. 

I’m not saying it’s a bad model or wouldn’t be attractive to a QB, but what does a player like that add that they lacked? They had the number one ground game in the league last season.

Im also cool with building on your strengths and whatnot, but that could have been done R2 or later, not at pick 8 imo.