NFL General Discussion

candyman93

1 minute ago, NateDawg said:

Garrett and those cornerbacks I think are definitely good enough to cover up some holes out there. I’ll give you that, we found something there. I would say at linebacker, we are bottom of the NFL. I would say in the middle of our defense in general, I’m not super happy, nor am I happy about the depth on the defensive line or the starter opposite of Garrett. Those are tough positions to build depth, and I don’t see much promise there. I think it’s hard to fill that void the way they are doing things. You see some teams out there that are already good or great upfront and continue to add more talent, because it’s that important. 

The 1st round is for big guys who can run and real freaks at cb, wr and rb. 

By the 3rd round the big guys who can really play are mostly gone.

• Like 1

Just now, NateDawg said:

I’m not sure, but teams every year figure out quarterback in the off-season, they take swings in the draft, etc. I can’t say who are guy would be, but I think getting Watson and giving up the capital to build a sustainable team around him was a mistake. I don’t think he’s a transcendent player. jmo and hope to be wrong. 

Idk maybe I’m just more confident we can find complementary pieces on day 2/3 than I am in us finding a transcendent QB in the draft last year or this year, especially without also having to trade a slew of picks to move up.

Just now, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Idk maybe I’m just more confident we can find complementary pieces on day 2/3 than I am in us finding a transcendent QB in the draft last year or this year, especially without also having to trade a slew of picks to move up.

I hope like heck that your guy AB finds some gems. No question there. I just think there is a huge difference with what you can do athletically often times past that initial wave of defensive guys up front. Maybe I’m over reacting. Wouldn’t be the first time on draft night.

6 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

Garrett and those cornerbacks I think are definitely good enough to cover up some holes out there. I’ll give you that, we found something there. I would say at linebacker, we are bottom of the NFL. I would say in the middle of our defense in general, I’m not super happy, nor am I happy about the depth on the defensive line or the starter opposite of Garrett. Those are tough positions to build depth, and I don’t see much promise there. I think it’s hard to fill that void the way they are doing things. You see some teams out there that are already good or great upfront and continue to add more talent, because it’s that important. 

Yeah this draft has been a kick in the nuts with how things have gone.

guys like Benton, Smith, Dexter, etc going a round or two higher than many projected has hurt 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

If anyone actually knew what they were talking about they’d likely be running a team’s draft.

And honestly, the most insufferable people are often on THIS SITE in the draft forum.  So many dudes talking absolute nonsense and stating opinion as fact over and over and over again.

@Mind Character 

Oh Jesus, @MWil23 who was the goober that railed on about shin length and other nonsensical ****?  He was the worst lol 

Calhoun Lambeau!!! He retweeted himself!!!!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NateDawg said:

I hope like heck that your guy AB finds some gems. No question there. I just think there is a huge difference with what you can do athletically often times past that initial wave of defensive guys up front. Maybe I’m over reacting. Wouldn’t be the first time on draft night.

I think you can find great talent day 2 and 3, but they’re guys who need some time to develop.  I’m definitely not expecting a lot of huge contributions in 2023.