NFL General Discussion

candyman93

Hot take:

Divisions don't matter/shouldn't matter, and if they did, they we should truly realign based upon geography anyway. Baltimore moves to the East, Indianapolis moves to the North, and Miami moves to the South.

It shifts the balance of power appropriately and geographically as well.

18 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Hot take:

Divisions don't matter/shouldn't matter, and if they did, they we should truly realign based upon geography anyway. Baltimore moves to the East, Indianapolis moves to the North, and Miami moves to the South.

It shifts the balance of power appropriately and geographically as well.

If divisions don't/shouldn't matter you shouldn't play any team twice a year.

1 minute ago, Thomas5737 said:

If divisions don't/shouldn't matter you shouldn't play any team twice a year.

I don't disagree. I'm merely stating that the current divisional setup is completely archaic and arbitrary, and has led to a lack of balance of power and geography.

The AFC East gave NE a free ride for almost 20 years. The same holds true for the AFC South during the Manning years.

Imagine flipping Baltimore and Miami in the AFC East, and putting the Colts in the AFC North when the Bengals were good, to go along with the Steelers who won 2 Super Bowls in those same years.

It solves the geography and balance of power dilemma.

3 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

I wonder what a trade for jj watt would cost. Vernon just isn’t getting it done. Our entire defense is relying on Garrett. 

I get we need help and Watt is obviously an upgrade, but he’s on the decline and costs 17 million a year.

I don’t mind making an expensive acquisition, but I’d rather they be an ascending player, or at least still in their prime as opposed to a dude being paid for what he’s done in the past.

Just now, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I get we need help and Watt is obviously an upgrade, but he’s on the decline and costs 17 million a year.

I don’t mind making an expensive acquisition, but I’d rather they be an ascending player, or at least still in their prime as opposed to a dude being paid for what he’s done in the past.

If there’s an ascending player to add then sure do that. But I’m not sure there is. Watt may be the best player available. 

but we 100% need to make a trade. Or 2. The Steelers and ravens aren’t standing pat so neither should we. We’ve proven we can’t beat them so we need to do something. This is what you do when you’re a contender you go out and add final pieces. 

16 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

If there’s an ascending player to add then sure do that. But I’m not sure there is. Watt may be the best player available. 

but we 100% need to make a trade. Or 2. The Steelers and ravens aren’t standing pat so neither should we. We’ve proven we can’t beat them so we need to do something. This is what you do when you’re a contender you go out and add final pieces. 

I get making a big move to try to win a ring, but honestly we’re not at that point yet.

I’m looking more for solid but not spectacular type of moves that can help next year and the year after as well.

If we went for a big name I’d prefer Harrison Smith.

3 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I get making a big move to try to win a ring, but honestly we’re not at that point yet.

I’m looking more for solid but not spectacular type of moves that can help next year and the year after as well.

If we went for a big name I’d prefer Harrison Smith.

Yep.

Besides, if you go big, it needs to be with a guy like Yannick. Young, borderline superstar, a guy that you get major value out of because you have to pay him big bucks. Harrison Smith makes the most sense. He's a veteran, his best days may be behind him at 31 but he's still really good, his team is tanking, and he can step in Day 1 to get Sandejo off the field and shore up the middle of our defense.

I'd float a mid rounder in front of Minnesota and hope they trade him, then I'd roll with him for the next couple years while we hope that Delpit comes back at 100% healthy and that one of Redwine OR Harrison ends up being a capable replacement and average NFL starter. He helps us on the frontend and buys us some time on the backend.

16 minutes ago, pnies20 said:

we need to trade a late Pick for a safety that’s on the block. 

keep Odell at least through the year in case we go to the playoffs and then see what the markets like. Bought high, would rather not sell at the lowest point.

We need a FS. I liked what I saw out of Harrison. Just a league average FS over sendejo would make the world of difference.