NFL General Discussion

candyman93

15 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Having a hard time posting for whatever reason.

Other than Myles Kiwi, every single good player on our roster was a Dorsey acquisition.

Joel bitonio, jc tretter, higgins,  hooper, wils, conklin, claidrborne, Harrison bryant. 

His only contribution to our offensive line was teller, and he sucked while dorsey was here.

1 hour ago, AkronsWitness said:

It also proves that players can develop and all are not busts just because they are not studs in their first 3 years.

Put a players NFL future or next contract on the line and watch how well they perform lol

Yeah but Ogbah was looking worst and worst after each year. His best year in Cleveland was his rookie year. Following 2 yrs he had Garrett and didn’t do much. In ‘18 we didn’t have any DEs who were worthy to be starting along side Garrett. Ogbah Nassib Orchard. Yeah tho guys played well once they left Cleveland but they weren’t playing at that leve here

4 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Yeah but Ogbah was looking worst and worst after each year. His best year in Cleveland was his rookie year. Following 2 yrs he had Garrett and didn’t do much. In ‘18 we didn’t have any DEs who were worthy to be starting along side Garrett. Ogbah Nassib Orchard. Yeah tho guys played well once they left Cleveland but they weren’t playing at that leve here

Good News!! The Falcons just waived Takk McKinley soooooo yeah. Andrew Berry get your arse on the phone with his people. Like......now

56 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Ogbah wasn't used as an edge rusher though. No one is saying he is a #1 pass rusher type for a team but he always looked the part of a good complimentary pass rusher. We just weren't using him to rush the passer we used him to take on his man and the guard. It was certainly for the best for him to find a new system but he still isn't a great pass rusher but he is a lot better than what we have after Garrett. I never thought Orchard or Nassib would be every down type players. Nassib has outdone my expectations but I understand why we didn't keep him. Ogbah seemed like a really sturdy tool we could toy around with and find the best way to make it work for us.

5 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

Ogbah wasn't used as an edge rusher though. No one is saying he is a #1 pass rusher type for a team but he always looked the part of a good complimentary pass rusher. We just weren't using him to rush the passer we used him to take on his man and the guard. It was certainly for the best for him to find a new system but he still isn't a great pass rusher but he is a lot better than what we have after Garrett. I never thought Orchard or Nassib would be every down type players. Nassib has outdone my expectations but I understand why we didn't keep him. Ogbah seemed like a really sturdy tool we could toy around with and find the best way to make it work for us.

That’s great and all but he wasn’t that good at rushing the passer or defending The run when he was here in Cleveland. He wasn’t good at setting the edge or holding his own vs the tackle. He was replaceable 

Edited by buno67

7 minutes ago, buno67 said:

That’s great and all but he wasn’t that good at rushing the passer or defending The run when he was here in Cleveland. He wasn’t good at setting the edge or holding his own vs the tackle. He was replaceable 

They always had him crashing inside. He was very good at run support between the tackles but our defense took him out of the play as an edge rusher or edge setter most of the time. That wasn't on him.

5 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

My question is, why wouldnt the Falcons just trade him even for a 6th or 7th rounder when they said that offers were made to them just to cut him a few days later

that was the strange part, he called them out for that. So I am not surprised he was cut.. I just hope he falls down the wavier wire

7 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

They always had him crashing inside. He was very good at run support between the tackles but our defense took him out of the play as an edge rusher or edge setter most of the time. That wasn't on him.

I think they had him crashing inside cause they knew he couldnt do anything on the outside. Ogbah wasnt that good. Dude was pretty physically gifted and I think he tried way to long to get by on just that. I feel like has finally got coached up to a point, where he is starting to have success. Something very similar with Teller

Just now, Kiwibrown said:

It is alsonqorht remembering that one year when  of ah was playing poorly he was playing through injury. 

injury or no injury, he just wasnt good here. He wasnt good with KC last year either...Its just finally clicking with him in Miami

32 minutes ago, buno67 said:

injury or no injury, he just wasnt good here. He wasnt good with KC last year either...Its just finally clicking with him in Miami

How wasn't he good last year? I know he only had 4 starts and only played in 10 games equaling 411 snaps (8 less than he has this year) but he had 5.5 sacks and 11 QB hits compared to 7 and 13 this year. Pretty close as far as production.

As far as his athletic ability, he had a great 40 time if I remember correctly but he wasn't any kind of freak athlete. He didn't try to win on athleticism here he tried to win by gaining leverage with his hands which was his greatest attribute I thought. He is in no way a speed rusher, doesn't have the quickness. He can get leverage though and make a little noise.

I always saw him as an 8 sacks a year guy, still do.

Edited by Thomas5737