NFL General Discussion

candyman93

2 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

I don’t think he has to do a whole lot to make Detroit respectable.

1. Get Stafford a stud at WR like a Jamar Chase or Devonta Smith.

2. Get a stud at DE.

Still dont like Harbs offense at all. 

I truly wonder what his NFL staff would look like. Thought he greatly struggled to build a solid staff in college, where it should have been easy for him. I dont think guys in the NFL are going tobe dying to attach their wagon to him

2 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Still dont like Harbs offense at all. 

I truly wonder what his NFL staff would look like. Thought he greatly struggled to build a solid staff in college, where it should have been easy for him. I dont think guys in the NFL are going tobe dying to attach their wagon to him

Now to be fair, Fangio wasn’t some big name guy prior to Stanford. Greg Roman was coaching High School football before joining Stanford.

It’s easier to have success as an X and O’s guy in the NFL than in college. College is 50% recruiting and 50% coaching and developing.

29 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Now to be fair, Fangio wasn’t some big name guy prior to Stanford. Greg Roman was coaching High School football before joining Stanford.

It’s easier to have success as an X and O’s guy in the NFL than in college. College is 50% recruiting and 50% coaching and developing.

Let’s not act like Roman didn’t coach in the NFL prior to coaching with Harbs. Coached in the NFL for 10+ years before his one year in HS. Where he went back to his Old HS.  Not like he couldn’t get anything else. 

you might be right but a coach like Harbs at a school like Michigan. There issues wasn’t recruiting. That came down to coaching. Harbs couldn’t outcoach other coaches when it mattered most. He put together pretty lack luster coaching staffs too. 

idk I would Not be excited for Harbs. Maybe 2-3 yrs ago but not now 

• Like 1

Gotta give credit where credit is due......and I've seen some outlets talk about it

I remember when Paulie D. said Carson Wentz wont be a top 20 QB......and he was ostracized for it.....

But now I'm like:

200.gif Doesn't sound so crazy now does it....

https://www.delawareonline.com/story/sports/nfl/eagles/2020/11/20/what-if-browns-were-right-saying-eagles-carson-wentz-isnt-top-20-quarterback/6325055002/

No Shade to Eagles Fans....just giving props to Paul Depodesta on his call on that one....

• Like 2

Something I’ve noticed with Kansas City, Mahomes will screw up twice a game. However, that’s it. He does that Favre thing where he slings it because usually good things happen.

When he throws a bad pass, you MUST punish him for it.

Also, Kansas City doesn’t have a pass rush outside of Chris Jones.

Edited by candyman93

1 hour ago, DaWg_LB. said:

Gotta give credit where credit is due......and I've seen some outlets talk about it

I remember when Paulie D. said Carson Wentz wont be a top 20 QB......and he was ostracized for it.....

But now I'm like:

https://www.delawareonline.com/story/sports/nfl/eagles/2020/11/20/what-if-browns-were-right-saying-eagles-carson-wentz-isnt-top-20-quarterback/6325055002/

No Shade to Eagles Fans....just giving props to Paul Depodesta on his call on that one....

He looked dumb at first.  Now everyone who trashed the Browns for this doesn’t say anything or even remember they said Paul D was an idiot. 

Just like when the kid who was a Jets fan got “tackled” leaving the game a few years ago. Then it was proved a guy tripped and fell into the kid and was a 100% accident. But no one ever took back the things they said about Cleveland sports fans. 

7 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Something I’ve noticed with Kansas City, Mahomes will screw up twice a game. However, that’s it. He does that Favre thing where he sling it because usually good things happen.

When he throws a bad pass, you MUST punish him for it.

Also, Kansas City doesn’t have a pass rush outside of Chris Jones.

Well he’s made his two mistakes 

Though that INT was pretty crazy since the guy slipped and was no on his feet when he started throwing that pass

8 minutes ago, JDD said:

Well he’s made his two mistakes 

Though that INT was pretty crazy since the guy slipped and was no on his feet when he started throwing that pass

You could argue he’s made 3 mistakes with that fumbled snap, but that could have been the center.

2 hours ago, DaWg_LB. said:

But now I'm like:

Pretty sure Depo didn’t see all theses pretty severe injuries that have pretty much ruined him. The year they won the super bowl. If he doesn’t get Hurt he prolly wins the MVP. Injuries have pretty much ruined his career