NFL General Discussion

candyman93

1 hour ago, ReggieCamp said:

For years and years, this was one of the most interesting time of the year for the Browns.  But not because we were talking about playoff games, but because we were in the middle of looking for a new coach or new GM (or both).

Man, this is nice.  Been a long time.

Funny enough I was coming in to post this exact same thing. And was going to add that we aren’t one in done just getting a taste, but we’re on to round 2! 😲

Was also going to post 2 weeks ago before the Stiller game that usually we’re pissed that the stillers are sitting their guys because it could ruin our draft position. Hopefully THIS is our feeling for years to come. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

If he gets the $12 million a year he was asking for...it may workout for him.

I gotta believe urb can get 12M anywhere he wants. College or pros. Texas probably would have paid him double. But you’d think he’d want to start his nfl career on the right track and not with the guy who tore up the 49ers

6 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

I gotta believe urb can get 12M anywhere he wants. College or pros. Texas probably would have paid him double. But you’d think he’d want to start his nfl career on the right track and not with the guy who tore up the 49ers

Every insider has mentioned that Urban has said that he's done with college football (for now) because of the transfer rules and portal.

While you're not wrong about the GM, I can't help but feel as though he's going to have a lot going for him. For example:

EraZ6FeW4Ac8X87?format=jpg&name=small

The Jaguars are going to have an insane amount of cap space AND arguably the best QB prospect in a decade on a rookie deal for 5 years, to go with a pretty solid running back and a healthy EDGE Josh Allen, and a young WR corps.

They are lacking in talent in a lot of places, but Schobert had a good year (no surprise there), they have some offensive pieces, and they need to add more talent to the OL, maybe get a standout WR at some point, and add pieces on defense.

Aside from the Chargers (and their ownership is an absolute joke IMO), this is by far the most desirable job available, AND he won't be paying any income tax.

Edited by MWil23

2 hours ago, MWil23 said:

Every insider has mentioned that Urban has said that he's done with college football (for now) because of the transfer rules and portal.

While you're not wrong about the GM, I can't help but feel as though he's going to have a lot going for him. For example:

EraZ6FeW4Ac8X87?format=jpg&name=small

The Jaguars are going to have an insane amount of cap space AND arguably the best QB prospect in a decade on a rookie deal for 5 years, to go with a pretty solid running back and a healthy EDGE Josh Allen, and a young WR corps.

They are lacking in talent in a lot of places, but Schobert had a good year (no surprise there), they have some offensive pieces, and they need to add more talent to the OL, maybe get a standout WR at some point, and add pieces on defense.

Aside from the Chargers (and their ownership is an absolute joke IMO), this is by far the most desirable job available, AND he won't be paying any income tax.

You also add the fact that jaguars play in an easier division compared to the Chargers. KC has that division on lock

14 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

If urban is adaptable he will succeed. If he tries to run it like college he wont.

Yeah but the way he runs his college teams, he was run them like pro team. The dude is very good at being the ceo and allowing his assistants to do a majority of the leg work. I think that is exactly what he would do in the NFL. He won’t be a defensive guy trying to run a defense or an offensive guy trying to run a defense. He would be a HC trying to run the team. The way he ran tOSU is a perfect example. The better his assistants were, the better his teams were. 

his success would come down to the staff he could build. I would be really interested on what a staff of his would look like. He is def going to steal a guy or two from Ohio state

Edited by buno67

7 hours ago, ReggieCamp said:

It definitely is an important data point in the Roethlisberger decision.

Fichtner was Ben's hand-picked OC, and he gave Ben tons of latitude and control over the offense.  He may not want to start over with a new OC and may choose to retire.

Well their O was so vanilla, was that Ben or the OC or yes?

So its a bummer he got fired