NFL General Discussion

candyman93

42 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

I’m picking Tampa Bay because of their defense. They have a nasty pass rush.

I’ve hyped their defense all year and I think it steps up tomorrow.

Well they also have Evans/Gronk/Brate/AB/Godwin and a decent RB duo in Fournette/Jones. They certainly have the most weapons so it wouldn't surprise me if they won. Ultimately I just think Brady doesn't quite play well enough to move on. Could be wrong. All depends on how they wake up.

45 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

We should thank Roethlisberger for somehow convincing himself he has something in the tank so we don’t have to watch Stafford on the Steelers.

Eh, Stafford can be good but he doesn't really scare me. Steelers would save 19 million If Ben retired and owe Stafford 20. That would put them 35 million over the cap for next year (they are currently 34 over). They also would have to give up assets which I'm guessing Detroit would want picks. I'm guessing Ebron and Vance McDonald are going to be casualties along with Haden which would save them 18 million. Then they have to look to let go of 2 of Steven Nelson/Tuitt/Pouncey/Vince Williams to get within 6 or 7 million of the cap.

They probably would be best served to have Ben retire and draft and start a QB or get a real cheap guy, otherwise they have to do a lot of roster shuffling just to get under the cap.

They are in a tough spot for a team that struggled down the stretch already.

3 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

Eh, Stafford can be good but he doesn't really scare me. Steelers would save 19 million If Ben retired and owe Stafford 20. That would put them 35 million over the cap for next year (they are currently 34 over). They also would have to give up assets which I'm guessing Detroit would want picks. I'm guessing Ebron and Vance McDonald are going to be casualties along with Haden which would save them 18 million. Then they have to look to let go of 2 of Steven Nelson/Tuitt/Pouncey/Vince Williams to get within 6 or 7 million of the cap.

They probably would be best served to have Ben retire and draft and start a QB or get a real cheap guy, otherwise they have to do a lot of roster shuffling just to get under the cap.

They are in a tough spot for a team that struggled down the stretch already.

If Joe is a cap casualty I’m bringing him back if he will a deal appropriate for a guy of his age who has missed a few games

• Like 1