NFL General Discussion

candyman93

I’m gonna sound like an *** saying this. 

Some of our fans acted EXACTLY like they did after the Indians lost game 7 of the World Series. Where they had the mentality of “well we’ll get another shot again!” I’m not sure if anybody is watching, but that WAS the best shot we will ever have against this current chiefs constructed roster.

I think that’s just too demoralizing to think about for some.

The good news is that Kelce will retire in a few years and Hill won’t have his unreal speed forever.

Edited by candyman93
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, candyman93 said:

but that WAS the best shot we will ever have against this current chiefs constructed roster.

Eh, maybe. They are 18 million over the cap for next year so they shouldn't be making huge improvements. We can make big improvements and catch up to their talent some. We went nose to nose against them with a lesser roster already.

Sure, it can always end up being your best shot but your options are to move on or bellyache about what might have been. May as well move on to next year.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, hornbybrown said:

We would of beaten the bills... makes last week hurt more now

Can’t just assume that. If the browns were playing yesterday the Bills are playing at home vs a much worse defense. They prolly look a lot different than what we saw 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, candyman93 said:

I’m gonna sound like an *** saying this. 

Some of our fans acted EXACTLY like they did after the Indians lost game 7 of the World Series. Where they had the mentality of “well we’ll get another shot again!” I’m not sure if anybody is watching, but that WAS the best shot we will ever have against this current chiefs constructed roster.

The good news is that Kelce will retire in a few years and Hill won’t have his unreal speed forever.

Different. Fans thought after the World Series the Dolan’s would be more willing to spend. They spent for 2 years than started to sell off to recoup money. Also had to face two teams who were later caught as cheating. ‘17 yanks and ‘18’astro. Just saying. 

jimmy isn’t going to tell Berry and Depo to not sign any FA or see the browns trading away players like Conklin or Hunt. Something the Dolan’s would do. 

Also with the salary cap, KC will start to fall back to the pack

If NO decides to trade Lattimore, I’d give a 3rd for him. He complements Ward well because he can guard bigger more physical WRs and he later been relatively healthy so far. Had an elite rookie campaign, but his PFF grade has dropped every season. I think partially because he’s left on an island to often. 

Before the season started I picked Kansas City to repeat. Every rational thought in my head leads me to picking them.

However, it’s reaaaaaally hard picking against Brady. It’s MJ aura, even though you SAW MJ lose in the playoffs before.

Edited by candyman93

I'm so torn. On the one hand, I want KC to lose...not that I have anything against them, they're a fun team and I like Reid and Mahomes, but they beat us so f them. On the other hand, I;d rather gouge my eyes out with a grapefruit spoon than watch Brady (or Belichick for that matter) win another SB. This is going to be like watching Baltimore play Pittsburgh.

30 minutes ago, dawgdish said:

I'm so torn. On the one hand, I want KC to lose...not that I have anything against them, they're a fun team and I like Reid and Mahomes, but they beat us so f them. On the other hand, I;d rather gouge my eyes out with a grapefruit spoon than watch Brady (or Belichick for that matter) win another SB. This is going to be like watching Baltimore play Pittsburgh.

I will always root for Brady in super bowls. There will be plenty of chances for mahomes and other qbs when Brady is gone. But for now I want to see history. Does anyone come close to 7 Super Bowls in modern history? Or any history?

5 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

I will always root for Brady in super bowls. There will be plenty of chances for mahomes and other qbs when Brady is gone. But for now I want to see history. Does anyone come close to 7 Super Bowls in modern history? Or any history?

Robert Horry has 7 rings, which is one more than MJ and the most by a non-Celtic. 

In the NFL, Brady is the only player with 6 since 1971.

Of the players with 5, the only one to do it in my lifetime (and I'm an old) was Charles Haley in 1995.

He is already in rarified air.  7 would be untouchable.  Even if society doesn't disintegrate into a dystopian nightmare.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, dawgdish said:

I don't get the Brady hate. Yeah, it got old watching him and the Pats win all of the time, but how many years did they help stop Pittsburgh and Baltimore from reaching the Super Bowl?

Plus, I just admire the greatness of Brady. The level he's capable of playing at at his age is incredible.

I'm 100% rooting for Tampa Bay.