Video Games News/Buzz thread

thrILL!

On 2/26/2023 at 9:51 PM, Outpost31 said:

No matter how good a game looked, I would never pay money for a game that requires online play just to play it.

I’ve never heard of such a thing before I just read something on the Suicide Squad game.

What sense does that make? I can’t possibly make sense of that.

Always online even for single player, every character has virtually all the same abilities (GUNS!), battle pass, live service bullshyt. 🤦

Wow. My mind is blown. WB did the most WB thing imaginable. They took something that should be beyond f*cking up and f*cked it up royally. "You're just harping on it 'cuz it's WB/DC", a Suicide Squad game where you hunt down the Justice League should be all different kinds of awesome. You'd have to seriously try to f*ck that up and it looks like they did in flying colors, not to mention they learned nothing from Avengers. The proof was literally right there in front of them that that live service stuff doesn't work. Whatever happened to making actual games out of story-driven games instead of platforms to goad people out of their money that they already spent $60-70 for?

I didn't go in wanting this game to fail. I wanted to be excited for this game. I wanted this game to be good. I wanted to be there day one to buy and play the sh*t out of this game. I wanted to spend joyous hours devouring people as King Shark or bashing people/thing's skulls in as Harley. I wanted to hear Kevin Conroy's iconic voice one last time and be ecstatic when I do. I wanted to see Superman finally done justice in a linear game. They took all that good will and flushed it down the toilet.

Edited by KManX89
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Interesting read. Games are becoming so large that it seems impractical to do physical releases anymore, as all the disks are becoming are keys to download the digital game like everyone else. Makes me wonder if you will still need the key disc in after you download it. It would make sense because what’s your stop you from buying a disc, downloading it and then letting your 15 buddies get it from you for free 

On 4/29/2023 at 11:37 AM, Ty21 said:

Interesting read. Games are becoming so large that it seems impractical to do physical releases anymore, as all the disks are becoming are keys to download the digital game like everyone else. Makes me wonder if you will still need the key disc in after you download it. It would make sense because what’s your stop you from buying a disc, downloading it and then letting your 15 buddies get it from you for free 

I rarely buy physical copies anymore, but it annoys me seeing the gradual removal of physical media, for alot of reasons.

8 minutes ago, 43M said:

I rarely buy physical copies anymore, but it annoys me seeing the gradual removal of physical media, for alot of reasons.

Soon you won’t be able to “own” any games or movies 

• Like 1

On 5/3/2023 at 6:05 AM, jetsfan4life51 said:

What if you want to beat a game and trade it in?

This is why it's happening.

Destroy an entire third party market and you're making a whole lot more money.

I just refuse that kind of thing. I am comfortable enough in 40 years of existing physical video games and 123+ years of film physical copies to keep me entertained for the next X amount of years I'm alive, so I'm never going to convert to digital downloads.

On 5/3/2023 at 7:05 AM, jetsfan4life51 said:

What if you want to beat a game and trade it in?

I remember Xbox had that type of digital drm where they were going to allow it, but it got canned with the rest of their Xbox One strategy. Remember you were going to be able to loan it to friends from anywhere too.