Video Games News/Buzz thread

thrILL!

2 hours ago, 43M said:

I can accept that if its done well.    I hated most of 13s characters, so a bigger cast isnt necessarily a good thing.

15 had a party, but you really only controlled Noctis and I didnt love the progression system.   I could see the main character in 16 fighting along others, but the player only controlling and developing the main character.

Just bring back open worlds.  😁

See, I felt XV was open world at first. Yes, it definitely got linear once you got off the main island though. Maybe our definitions vary.

I agree that I can accept it as well. It looks like they're putting a lot of emphasis on Eikons and them acting as companions in some way. Obviously we've seen very little so who knows. I was hoping they would mimic the controls like FFVIIR b/c I absolutely love being able to toggle between all party members and how they behave differently. It's very creative and it worked well IMO. Pretty wild we're going to get two games w/in a year of each other!

Right now, XVI looks like The Witcher on steroids which isn't a terrible thing, at all. Single player, the time frame, monsters and demons, etc... just very Witchery to me lol. It's a day 1 purchase, regardless. Both are

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

ZOMG, new Silent Hill game just got leaked: 😯

July 12, 8 days, mark your calendars.

Man, don't give me false hope. I'm instantly reminded of how badly Konami f*cked up on Silent Hills, Contra: Rogue Corps and Metal Gear Survive and even the Silent Hill 2 and 3 remasters, which shouldn't even be possible, but... dammit, new Silent Hill, how could I not get excited? I think I'm gonna have a brain aneurism trying to temper my expectations.

And I believe it's legit because it was immediately taken down off various websites, and there's only one reason Konami would do this, and no, it's not to be d!cks as popular as it may be to believe that with anything Konami these days.

Edited by KManX89
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, KManX89 said:

ZOMG, new Silent Hill game just got leaked: 😯

July 12, 8 days, mark your calendars.

Man, don't give me false hope. I'm instantly reminded of how badly Konami f*cked up on Silent Hills, Contra: Rogue Corps and Metal Gear Survive and even the Silent Hill 2 and 3 remasters, which shouldn't even be possible, but... dammit, new Silent Hill, how could I not get excited? I think I'm gonna have a brain aneurism trying to temper my expectations.

And I believe it's legit because it was immediately taken down off various websites, and there's only one reason Konami would do this, and no, it's not to be d!cks as popular as it may be to believe that with anything Konami these days.

Konami must be run by literally the most bitter people on the planet.   They are sitting on numerous great IPs, and have been supposedly offered big bucks on numerous occasions to sell the rights to Metal Gear, Castlevania, etc....but they would rather sit in them and waste them than let them POSSIBLY find better homes.

I have zero faith in Konami...which is sad given how great they once were, but thats a pretty common theme in the games industry.  

22 minutes ago, 43M said:

Konami must be run by literally the most bitter people on the planet.   They are sitting on numerous great IPs, and have been supposedly offered big bucks on numerous occasions to sell the rights to Metal Gear, Castlevania, etc....but they would rather sit in them and waste them than let them POSSIBLY find better homes.

I have zero faith in Konami...which is sad given how great they once were, but thats a pretty common theme in the games industry.  

think how much money a Silent Hill pachinko machine could make!!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, thrILL! said:

I don’t like this new PS Plus.  I can’t even find July’s free games to DL.  All it wants to show me is how to upgrade to Extra or Premium. 

Funny enough, I just joined PS Plus for the first time ever.

There are a number of games on it Im interested in.   I dowloaded Wolfenstein and its pretty decent.    Gonna eventually get into Nioh and Ghost of Tsushima.

On 7/9/2022 at 4:55 AM, 43M said:

There are a number of games on it Im interested in.   I dowloaded Wolfenstein and its pretty decent.    Gonna eventually get into Nioh and Ghost of Tsushima.

I wish I was playing that for the first time on PS5. Maybe the most beautiful video game ever. 

• Like 1

On 7/9/2022 at 3:55 AM, 43M said:

I loved the German covers of songs. Alternate history stuff like that is fascinating, it was one of my favorite parts of Bioshock Infinite too. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, skywindO2 said:

I loved the German covers of songs. Alternate history stuff like that is fascinating, it was one of my favorite parts of Bioshock Infinite too. 

Yeah always a sucker for some dark alt history, was hoping we heard when the 3rd one was coming in June.

Exhibit A on why I will never download a stress game like Elden Ring: just played one checkpoint in a level of Crash Bandicoot 4 (I’m completionist to a point where I’ll try to get every box) and I died over 30 times and was ready to just delete the game in anger at that point. An actual challenging game like Elden Ring would probably cost me my life. 

On 7/9/2022 at 4:55 AM, 43M said:

For people that spend a lot of time gaming, and get games when they release (me), the new PS+ is absolutely worthless. Sony's strategy around PS+ still doesn't make sense for me. 

Just now, JBURGE said:

For people that spend a lot of time gaming, and get games when they release (me), the new PS+ is absolutely worthless. Sony's strategy around PS+ still doesn't make sense for me. 

For people like me that don't care about playing games on release, it is absolutely phenomenal. For less than the cost of a single game I get access to more AAA games than I'll ever be able to play.

Their strategy seems perfect. They are targeting the more casual players, and don't want to target the hardcore gamers anyway, because they want you paying full price for day 1 releases. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Heimdallr said:

For people like me that don't care about playing games on release, it is absolutely phenomenal. For less than the cost of a single game I get access to more AAA games than I'll ever be able to play.

Their strategy seems perfect. They are targeting the more casual players, and don't want to target the hardcore gamers anyway, because they want you paying full price for day 1 releases. 

Yeah, just sucks for me compated to Xbox. If Sony didn't have God of War and Horizon I'd be on Xbox now

Also, by less than the price of a single game, you mean Base PS+? Cause the other ones are $100+ per year. 

Edited by JBURGE

3 hours ago, JBURGE said:

I never joined before in my life, and there are a bunch of games I am interested in (Wolfenstein, Ghost of Tsushima, Nioh, BioShock, FF12, several others).

I can understand your position if there are no games there you haven't played yet that interest you, but I have a huge backlog of games since I didnt do a ton of gaming between 2013 and 2019 or so.   I am paying for it monthly right now, but I might just switch to a year since it might be cheaper, even if I dont play it the entire year.