Julian Edelman  

41 members have voted

1. 1. What range?

• top 15
    • 15-20
    • 21-30
    • 31-40
    • 40+

I want to know where everyone puts our number 1 receiver nationwide. I have no idea, and have seen anything from 'should be hall of fame' to 'he's just a product of Brady'. What say you? 

Not expecting many high votes tbh.

Average stat line Reg season since he was full time WR;

88 rec, 965 yards, 70.3 yards per game, 5 TD

Playoffs average per game (19 games);

6 Rec, 76 yards, (5 TDs in total), 12.22 YPR 

2019 season;

100 rec, 1117 yards, 11.2 YRP, 6TD, 65% catch.

9 hours ago, JAF-N72EX said:

That's just nonsense. 

Do you think that regular season stat accumulation is important but playoff stat accumulation is not?

• He's 2nd behind Rice in both receptions and yards.
  • He's got 3 Super Bowl rings, a Super Bowl MVP, and one of the greatest plays in NFL history.

He's got Hall of Very Good locked up already.

• He did not get those numbers by playing in more playoff games than anyone, he's tied for 86th in playoff games played with 34 other players.
  • Hes got the 7th and 12th highest single playoff season receiving yards totals.
    • The only other player to be in the top 25 more than once is Rice (3rd and 19th)

He does not have Philip Rivers or Edge James level regular season accumulation. (and never will even if he gets to 10k yards and 60 TDs)

• He'd only have to average 720 yards and just under 5 TDs for 5 more seasons.

If he ever gets in it will be on the Joe Namath, Troy Aikman, Lynn Swann plan.

• Like 2

I think he's a bit underrated. 5th in receptions last year, just off a crazy SB appearance where he was uncoverable. He has the dropsies and is a bit injury prone, but I say he's a candidate for getting overrated because he's not a 6'1" burner. I think 15-20 is fair. He has an uncanny ability to get open....what's not to like. The guy who voted +40 can gtfo 😁

Edited by Hunter2_1
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, SkippyX said:

Do you think that regular season stat accumulation is important but playoff stat accumulation is not?

• He's 2nd behind Rice in both receptions and yards.
  • He's got 3 Super Bowl rings, a Super Bowl MVP, and one of the greatest plays in NFL history.

He's got Hall of Very Good locked up already.

• He did not get those numbers by playing in more playoff games than anyone, he's tied for 86th in playoff games played with 34 other players.
  • Hes got the 7th and 12th highest single playoff season receiving yards totals.
    • The only other player to be in the top 25 more than once is Rice (3rd and 19th)

He does not have Philip Rivers or Edge James level regular season accumulation. (and never will even if he gets to 10k yards and 60 TDs)

• He'd only have to average 720 yards and just under 5 TDs for 5 more seasons.

If he ever gets in it will be on the Joe Namath, Troy Aikman, Lynn Swann plan.

Oh jeez, here we go again with someone trying to compare two players who are 30 years apart.  Are you seriously trying to compare Edelman to Rice?!  The best football player to ever play the game?! This is ludicrous. That alone should give you a sign that it's ridiculous to begin with. Much less act on it. 

Rice played 20 years with 2 different teams, several different QB's, and succeeded with all of them. Edelman has played 10 years with the greatest GM/HC/QB combo in history during a passing league era. So ofcourse he was gonna get more opportunities to pad his stats in the playoffs than the norm would.

I am absolutely positive that if any other WR around the league in the last 10 years would have been given the same amount of chances that he has had to pad their stats that they would've KILLED those statistics by now. 

Even that aside, I don't need any raw stats to tell me that Edelman is not a HOF player. Not even close. 

Edited by JAF-N72EX

7 hours ago, El Ramster said:

Da hell? He’s wack af. Brady’s made WRs. Any WR from New is a product of Brady. They’re trash elsewhere. 

Deion Branch should be your beacon if you ever think these dudes are good. Product of a system. Dude would have been cut in any other team. 📠

Well, we'll get to see this season. 

Dude made your secondary look like swiss cheese in the SB :D

Cordarelle Patterson - 2 catches for 14 yards, shut down

Rex Burkhead - 2 catches for 15 yards, shut down

Gronk - 6 catches for 87 yards, shut down until final drive

James White - 1 catch!! for 5 yards, massively shut down

Hogan - 0 catches, shut down

Edelman - 10 catches, 141 yards, MVP.

But yeah, all Brady....

Edited by Hunter2_1
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, JAF-N72EX said:

I am absolutely positive that if any other WR around the league in the last 10 years would have been given the same amount of chances that he has had to pad their stats that they would've KILLED those statistics by now. 

ANY other WR? Don't forget he's been our legit number 1 WR for a few years now. That says more about our WR corps, sure, but you're being a bit myopic if you can't give him any credit whatsoever. 

Edited by Hunter2_1

19 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

ANY other WR? Is this serious? Don't forget Edelman has been the team's legit number 1 WR for a few seasons now. It says more about the WR corps as a whole, but how about some credit?

Stop. Your taking one word ("Any") and trying to run with it.

If "any" top WR during the same span were fortunate enough to play their entire career with the greatest HC/QB of all-time then hell yeah they would've broken that record.

Put a prime AB, Julio, Green, OBJ, etc in that same offense and I guarantee they set records. But instead Edleman hasn't even earned a 2nd team all-pro in 10 years. 

15 minutes ago, JAF-N72EX said:

Stop. Your taking one word ("Any") and trying to run with it.

You said it...🤣

If you would have said something like 'there are 20 WRs currently that could do it' or there have been 15-20 WRs every season that could have done it - then I'd agree with you. But you didn't say that.

If "any" top WR during the same span were fortunate enough to play their entire career with the greatest HC/QB of all-time then hell yeah they would've broken that record.

Put a prime AB, Julio, Green, OBJ, etc in that same offense and I guarantee they set records. But instead Edleman hasn't even earned a 2nd team all-pro in 10 years. 

Well yeah of course they would. You said any WR (your words, not mine) - he's the only WR on the Pats team that could. To see how flawed your statement is, you just have to see that NE cut WRs every year....if ANY WR could do what Edelman has, they'd keep them all on, wouldn't they.

For some reason, you can't be objective here, so moving on.

Edited by Hunter2_1

10 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

You said it...🤣

Well yeah of course they would. You said any WR (your words, not mine) - he's the only WR on the Pats team that could, and we have possibly the worst unit in the league.

So admit that you took to it a whole another level that was intended.

12 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Not true at all. I'd say the opposite. Being that you're Pats fans and I'm not even a fan of a team in the same conference. 

1 hour ago, JAF-N72EX said:

So admit that you took to it a whole another level that was intended.

How dare me take the word 'any' to mean what it actually means. I should have read your mind instead. So do you want to tell us what you actually think then, given I'm not a mind reader?

1 hour ago, JAF-N72EX said:

Not true at all. I'd say the opposite. Being that you're Pats fans and I'm not even a fan of a team in the same conference. 

I've said he's about 15-20 range, that I don't expect him to be ranked high, and that every season about 20 WRs could do what he has. If anything, I'd say im being careful! 

And show me where I said he's a HoF. I said I've seen people say it, not that I agree with it. 

• Like 1