2020 Overreaction Thread- Start Jalen Hurts

ninjapirate

This is not on Doug at all, he had a great game plan. Wentz just failed to see a wide open Dallas, and threw a red zone int. Sanders fumbled. Everybody knows Goff is HORRIBLE under pressure. BLITZ!!!! Im so sick of his consertative D, why run man all game and not any blitzes? Running bootlegs? Have our dline play outside containment and blitz the gaps! Stop playing favorites and bench Nate im so sick of him. I hope when Will Parks comes back he plays Linebacker on 3rd downs anything will be better then nate. Get Epps off the dang field, play someone with potential like Wallace. 

Gut the whole team this offseason and go young... McCleod sucks so howie extends him? Get rid of old man Graham as he cant get any pressure anymore, barnett is weak and always has stupid penalties. Sweat looks pretty good. I'm sick of these unathetlic De's like graham and barnett. 

The good.. Nate Herbig looks really good for his second start and I see him as a future starter. Jason Peters can't run block for crap anymore and we wont be able to run his side all year, hence all the right side runs.

Future Oline, get rid of weak Kelce and peters

Dillard, Herbig, Issac, Brooks, Lane. Issac is smart enough to take over the center position and is stronger then Kelce and will actually help drive people back. I think Pryor hasnt been playing since hes not as athletic and cant pull as often, but im sick of this oline getting bull rushed or forced off there spot... We need some maulers. I think Pryor can be Brooks eventual replacement once we need to get cheaper.

Edited by DeSean Jackson

10 minutes ago, DeSean Jackson said:

This is not on Doug at all, he had a great game plan. Wentz just failed to see a wide open Dallas, and threw a red zone int. Sanders fumbled. Everybody knows Goff is HORRIBLE under pressure. BLITZ!!!! Im so sick of his consertative D, why run man all game and not any blitzes? Running bootlegs? Have our dline play outside containment and blitz the gaps! Stop playing favorites and bench Nate im so sick of him. I hope when Will Parks comes back he plays Linebacker on 3rd downs anything will be better then nate. Get Epps off the dang field, play someone with potential like Wallace. 

Gut the whole team this offseason and go young... McCleod sucks so howie extends him? Get rid of old man Graham as he cant get any pressure anymore, barnett is weak and always has stupid penalties. Sweat looks pretty good. I'm sick of these unathetlic De's like graham and barnett. 

The good.. Nate Herbig looks really good for his second start and I see him as a future starter. Jason Peters can't run block for crap anymore and we wont be able to run his side all year, hence all the right side runs.

Future Oline, get rid of weak Kelce and peters

Dillard, Herbig, Issac, Brooks, Lane. Issac is smart enough to take over the center position and is stronger then Kelce and will actually help drive people back. I think Pryor hasnt been playing since hes not as athletic and cant pull as often, but im sick of this oline getting bull rushed or forced off there spot... We need some maulers. I think Pryor can be Brooks eventual replacement once we need to get cheaper.

Actually I think Pryor played well at LG, maybe he is better suited there than RG.

Just now, Broadway Joe said:

Actually I think Pryor played well at LG, maybe he is better suited there than RG.

Thats what I'm thinking, but we see Doug likes herbig more then pryor. And Pryor isn't going to be playing until brooks leaves. I honestly think Pryor might be better then Issac after seeing him today. If I was running the show I'd have issac as the rotational guy and Dillard, Pryor, Herbig, Brooks, Lane as my oline next year. That line gets alot of push and can actually drive back the dline. Herbig has been practicing center. Issac will be a valuable back up since he can play across the board. 

15 minutes ago, DeSean Jackson said:

One thing that bothers me about Wentz is he has to throw bullets every play. He has no touch on his passes, I'm hoping somebody snatches press taylor so somebody can be hard on Wentz and not all buddy buddy. We made a mistake not going after John Deflippo this year. 

Yeah. He used to throw with touch sometimes. I remember him doing it in college.

Feel like you're right though. Seems like every throw is a bullet now. Newton-like.

He needs to worry more about getting the ball there accurately than how much zip is on it.

3 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Yeah. He used to throw with touch sometimes. I remember him doing it in college.

Feel like you're right though. Seems like every throw is a bullet now. Newton-like.

He needs to worry more about getting the ball there accurately than how much zip is on it.

He also rarely throws with anticipation. He waits until they're wide open and never at there break, something I miss with a QB with Foles who throws with anticipation, and not afraid to lob it up. 

35 minutes ago, DeSean Jackson said:

This is not on Doug at all, he had a great game plan. Wentz just failed to see a wide open Dallas, and threw a red zone int.

Eh.... that Goedert one could've been another pick unless he anticipated it and hit him early and away from Ramsey.

Wentz had a small window where that pass was available.

Could he have done it? Maybe, but it also could've went horribly wrong and with his accuracy lately it probably would have.

As far as the red zone INT to JJAW..... well that was a clearly bad decision. He would've had to anticipate and hit him right when he came out of his break. It was probably possible to hit him, but why would you trust him to get enough separation to comfortably make that throw and by the time he noticed he had a step he threw it late and he had to slow down a bit and the corner caught back up.

1 minute ago, DeSean Jackson said:

He also rarely throws with anticipation. He waits until they're wide open and never at there break, something I miss with a QB with Foles who throws with anticipation, and not afraid to lob it up. 

Yeah, but his process is slower this year. He's late on a lot of throws so far. I don't know if its carry over from last year not trusting his guys to be there or what, but yeah Foles would be willing to take a chance and trust his guys to go make a play for him. Carson doesn't seem to trust and feels like he needs to fire passes in there to get it done which isn't a recipe for success. All its gonna do is lead to more PBUs/INTs and less YAC as he's not hitting guys in stride.

2 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Eh.... that Goedert one could've been another pick unless he anticipated it and hit him early and away from Ramsey.

Could he have done it? Maybe, but it also could've went horribly wrong and with his accuracy lately it probably would have.

As far as the red zone INT to JJAW..... well that was a clearly bad decision. He would've had to anticipate and hit him right when he came out of his break. It was probably possible to hit him, but why would you trust him to get enough separation to comfortably make that throw and by the time he noticed he had a step he threw it late and he had to slow down a bit and the corner caught back up.

No one was near Dallas for until the goaline, a qb with his salary should be able to throw it where only the wideout can get it with how much separation he had, back shoulder it if you have to. 

6 minutes ago, DeSean Jackson said:

No one was near Dallas for until the goaline, a qb with his salary should be able to throw it where only the wideout can get it with how much separation he had, back shoulder it if you have to. 

Alright... I went back and watched the play again several times.

I think you need to REALLY need to rewatch the play, man.

Wentz's eyes were on the right side of the field as Ertz runs into Kenny Young (#41 ILB) who is trying to get out to the flat to cover Miles Sanders. Not sure if that pick was intentional or not, but either way Wentz shortly after that happens turns his eyes away from that side of the field as Ramsey is lurking at 

Carson clearly sees Ramsey lurking at the 5 yard line trying to bait him and by then he's already starting to turn his head to the other side of the field where Jackson and Reagor are. As Ramsey sees this he takes a step forward and toward the sideline as if he is gonna go to Sanders along the sideline, but then he realized nobody was gonna have Goedert behind him, so he transitions into a backpedal as Goedert comes free and is open for the TD pass.... but WENTZ ISN'T LOOKING AT THAT SIDE OF THE FIELD ANYMORE. Like if you watch the replay again you'll clearly see this. Ramsey then after Goedert had that second of being open is back in a pedal and eyeing Wentz in case he comes back to Goedert and he does, but by that time he's already back pedaling trying to find someone. He would've had to make an incredible throw going backwards to the back of the end zone so it would've been in a spot Ramsey couldn't have caught up to it. Not to mention Goedert slows up as he crosses the goal line so it likely would've gone over his head even if he threw it there and if he didn't Ramsey would've got back and picked it off most likely.

Just cause the color commentator showed a replay and said "Wentz just missed him come open" does not tell the whole story. 

I suggest you go back to a replay if you recorded the game or find a video with that overhead angle they used during the broadcast to see what I mean.

2 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Wentz should have thrown that jjaw int deep into the back of the endzone so that either jjaw has a chance at it or it is a throw away.