ninjapirate

2020 Overreaction Thread- Start Jalen Hurts

I’m ready for some new defensive coaching blood. Did he blitz once yesterday? I want some aggressiveness again. If we don’t have the DEs to really create pressure consistently, what’s the point of Jim’s scheme? 

26 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

I’m ready for some new defensive coaching blood. Did he blitz once yesterday? I want some aggressiveness again. If we don’t have the DEs to really create pressure consistently, what’s the point of Jim’s scheme? 

take a long time to get scored on?

What kind of season would it realistically take to get Doug fired? 3 wins or less? Would Lurie keep him for at least 1 more year no matter what? 

I think Doug is HC until at least 2022, even if we pick 1st overall next year, and Carson is QB1 until at least the end of next season, even if he's stinking up the joint. 

Edited by Jeezla

30 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

What kind of season would it realistically take to get Doug fired? 3 wins or less? Would Lurie keep him for at least 1 more year no matter what? 

I think Doug is HC until at least 2022, even if we pick 1st overall next year, and Carson is QB1 until at least the end of next season, even if he's stinking up the joint. 

Needs to be a major breakdown in the lockeroom this year probably or it needs to be obvious Doug is just checked out.

Chance Doug comes back but Lurie fires like everyone else besides Stout and Duce. No matter how much Carson sucks, he's here in 2021.

I’m a glutton for punishment. I still whole heartedly believe in Carson. No question he’s played like absolute garbage these first 2 games. But push comes to shove, he still the dude for me. 

4 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

I’m a glutton for punishment. I still whole heartedly believe in Carson. No question he’s played like absolute garbage these first 2 games. But push comes to shove, he still the dude for me. 

The frustrating thing is, he didn't really have the injury excuse in this off season, and yet he's regressed, a lot.

I have to legitimately wonder if he still cares about Football anymore ever since getting married and having a kid. Religion has always been a big part of his life, so what is Football to him now.... 4th on his list of priorities at most points in time?

There's just no excuse to regress as strongly as he did in rather simple ways. The team has more talent around him, he was healthy. We're out of excuses for him at this point? 

He has the potential, but even me, one of the biggest Carson apologists around, can't make excuses for him anymore. I'm at the edge of the cliff and can't backpedal anymore.

Accuracy has been his worst trait so far this year, maybe it's because he "bulked up" this offseason? I vaguely remember reading a couple different camp reports about him being a little inaccurate at times as well.

1 hour ago, Danger said:

I have to legitimately wonder if he still cares about Football anymore ever since getting married and having a kid. Religion has always been a big part of his life, so what is Football to him now.... 4th on his list of priorities at most points in time?

There's just no excuse to regress as strongly as he did in rather simple ways.

Please stop. Questioning his love for the game because he now has a family like most NFL Veterans is absurd. 

I think people including Wentz himself might of underestimated all the different types of rehab the past few years hes had to endure ACL, Back, Ect and the overall effects whether physically or psychologically its had on his mechanics.  Possibly over compensating for a Knee, a broke back any number of issues that's affecting his overall mechanics. Which clearly are off.

Add the fact he has an absurd amount of pressure to Win something, anything  post Nick Foles/SBLII it's clear to me he's Pressing, simple as that. Forcing things that aren't there ,trying to make the spectacular when the spectacular is not needed. AKA Brett Farve Syndrome. 

You want to question his ability to ever produce again at a MVP type level by all means but please leave the Does he have the Heart or Desire to play BS for the birds.

• Like 1

I don't know how else to explain someone who has as much experience as Carson now just making such egregious mechanical mistakes and regressing to the point he has. How do you not look at these things and fix them. Instead it's gotten a lot worse in a relatively short time. He was healthy this offseason, he had all the time to focus on fixing his issues. We don't know that the weight he added was just strength. Heck even Kelce said it was "dad weight". These sort of issues are the kinds of things you expect rookies to do, not someone who's in their 5th year in the league and making $30M+ a year...

Imo it is obvious Carson is trying to be the 2017 version of himself too much and it’s causing him to just force stuff way too much. He needs to let the game come to him and trust his arm and mechanics more rather than trying to be Superman on every play. Just play football. I highly doubt he has motivation issues, it’s more likely the opposite and that he is just trying too hard. The guy has always been a grinder since he came to the Eagles. 

7 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Imo it is obvious Carson is trying to be the 2017 version of himself too much and it’s causing him to just force stuff way too much. He needs to let the game come to him and trust his arm and mechanics more rather than trying to be Superman on every play. Just play football. I highly doubt he has motivation issues, it’s more likely the opposite and that he is just trying too hard. The guy has always been a grinder since he came to the Eagles. 

Maybe he is trying to be, but the coaching staff is pulling him in the Sam Bradford direction though. 

He's looking left, they're looking right.  And it's just awful. They won't let Carson be Carson. Also his mechanics are just horrendous right now.

5 hours ago, Danger said:

I don't know how else to explain someone who has as much experience as Carson now just making such egregious mechanical mistakes and regressing to the point he has. How do you not look at these things and fix them. Instead it's gotten a lot worse in a relatively short time. He was healthy this offseason, he had all the time to focus on fixing his issues. We don't know that the weight he added was just strength. Heck even Kelce said it was "dad weight". These sort of issues are the kinds of things you expect rookies to do, not someone who's in their 5th year in the league and making $30M+ a year...

I don't think there is anyone that holds Carson accountable right now.

Did drafting Jalen affect Carson in a really negative way? Guy kind of has no excuse this offseason to have seemingly forgot how to play QB.