College Football and Draft Discussion 2024

candyman93

On 11/7/2020 at 5:19 PM, candyman93 said:

Free Agency:

Sign Anthony Harris, S, Minnesota

Sign Shaq Barrett, DE, Tampa Bay

Release / Don’t resign Larry Ogunjobi, Sheldon Richardson, and Olivier Vernon.

Draft:

1. Devonta Smith, WR, Alabama

2. Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah, LB, Notre Dame 

3. Tedarrell Slaton, NT, Florida 

3. Zaven Collins, OLB, Tulsa 

4. Paddy Fisher, ILB, Northwestern

4. Damone Clark, ILB, LSU

5. Tyler Shelvin, NT, LSU

6. Daniel Faalele, OT, Minnesota 

7. Larnel Coleman, OT, Massachusetts 

Richardson will still be under contract next year. We could cut him, but I doubt we would if we don't bring back Ogunjobi. Only scenario I could see neither being back is if we go DT early in the draft and the staff believes Elliott is ready to take over as a starter.

3 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Justin Fields needs more hype as the #1 pick.

I don’t think he will throw an interception until the playoffs start.

He is definitely a better quarterback than Trevor Lawrence at this stage. I see the potential in Lawrence at the NFL level, but Fields is a stud. He has taken his game to the next level this year.

Watch New England keep losing and somehow end up with him.

9 hours ago, NateDawg said:

He is definitely a better quarterback than Trevor Lawrence at this stage. I see the potential in Lawrence at the NFL level, but Fields is a stud. He has taken his game to the next level this year.

Watch New England keep losing and somehow end up with him.

There are a few critical areas where I think Fields is better than Lawrence, poise in the pocket and consistent accuracy are two of them.

1 hour ago, BrownsDog23 said:

Rousseau definitely still goes early in RD 1, but I think opting out will hurt his stock 

Not at all, but lets hope scouts are fickle like that for our sake, I absolutely LOVE Rousseau. A few things:

- That was an EXTREMELY hot take (Twitter)

- There is no way in west sam hell a 6'7 265 athletic freak going to slide especially if he comes in the shape I think he will come in at, he is a top 5-8, player and will stay that way imo

9 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Not at all, but lets hope scouts are fickle like that for our sake, I absolutely LOVE Rousseau. A few things:

- That was an EXTREMELY hot take (Twitter)

- There is no way in west sam hell a 6'7 265 athletic freak going to slide especially if he comes in the shape I think he will come in at, he is a top 5-8, player and will stay that way imo

Multiple GMs have been quoted as saying that they will be extremely hesitant to draft guys who opted out. I'm not commenting on whether it's a good plan or not, but more than one GM have basically said that guys who sat out are unlikely to be on their draft boards.

54 minutes ago, BrownsDog23 said:

Rousseau definitely still goes early in RD 1, but I think opting out will hurt his stock 

For the life of me I hope there are fickle scouts like that because its plain as day that he is a Down 1 gamechanger. That would be my #1 dream for the Browns to have a guy like that fall, that will not happen. 

6 minutes ago, FGK said:

Multiple GMs have been quoted as saying that they will be extremely hesitant to draft guys who opted out. I'm not commenting on whether it's a good plan or not, but more than one GM have basically said that guys who sat out are unlikely to be on their draft boards.

God, I hope that is the case, I might be the happiest ive ever been for a draft pick in years if he slides. 

7 minutes ago, FGK said:

Hopefully that means some good players slide and we can take advantage.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BrownsDog23 said:

I really don’t think Kwity is that good. Watched the MSU game and he didn’t really make an impact at all, especially with MSU not being really good. He wasn’t good vs IU IMO. He seems like A guy who shows up Vs the less talented teams. He truly embodies Harbs

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MSURacerDT55 said:
21 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Justin Fields needs more hype as the #1 pick.

I don’t think he will throw an interception until the playoffs start.

Listen, when the right people sit down and really analyze his film, it will happen pretty fast 

I believe Fields can easily play himself into QB1, hell, he already had. Lawrence and Fields coming out of HS were neck and neck. Kirby was a moron and didn’t play Fields. Dabo wasn’t, and played Lawrence. Lawrence got all that hype, where Fields didn’t.

Fields tears it up last year and has gotten even better. I don’t think Lawrence has improved all that much since his first year.