College Football and Draft Discussion 2024

candyman93

3 hours ago, brownie man said:

I think Fields is honestly the best Ohio State player ive ever seen regardless of position. 

easily the best of this generation. honestly might be right behind Archie but would easily surpass him with a heisman and a title

On 11/10/2020 at 5:00 PM, brownie man said:

I think Fields is honestly the best Ohio State player ive ever seen regardless of position. 

Sheesh...that's a bizarre take. Fields is a great college QB. I question his pro prospects though. He's got some accuracy issues and is playing in an extremely QB-friendly scheme that doesn't translate well to the pros. I don't really like him as an NFL prospect to be honest. Plus, am I the only person that thinks he fails the eye test for height? I've seen him listed as 6'5, but the dude looks like he's 6'2 tops. Maybe it has something to do with the gigantic OL OSU has...

7 minutes ago, QBIso said:

He's got some accuracy issues

giphy.gif

He's only incompleted 11 passes all year, several of which are drops. Last year he completed 67% of his passes, this year it's 86.7%. The only time he even showed flashes of inaccuracy was after the knee injury vs. UM.

• Like 1

Just now, MWil23 said:

He's only incompleted 11 passes all year, several of which are drops. Last year he completed 67% of his passes, this year it's 86.7%. The only time he even showed flashes of inaccuracy was after the knee injury vs. UM.

He's not very good at throwing his WR's open. He is actually somehow more accurate down the field than he is underneath. I have only seen his one game this year against Penn State (bad team), but he was impressive in that outing. That being said, last year he would constantly sail balls high and throw the ball to crossers (short and deep) late in places where no RAC was possible.

I just don't see the hype with him. People saying he's better than Lawrence are crazy. And I loathe Clemson with a passion, whereas I do like me some OSU football. I just don't think it's close right now.

6 hours ago, QBIso said:

He's not very good at throwing his WR's open. He is actually somehow more accurate down the field than he is underneath. I have only seen his one game this year against Penn State (bad team), but he was impressive in that outing. That being said, last year he would constantly sail balls high and throw the ball to crossers (short and deep) late in places where no RAC was possible.

I just don't see the hype with him. People saying he's better than Lawrence are crazy. And I loathe Clemson with a passion, whereas I do like me some OSU football. I just don't think it's close right now.

I mean. You coulda just typed the bolded part...

30 minutes ago, FGK said:

I mean. You coulda just typed the bolded part...

Not sure what you mean by this. I watched Fields a ton in high school, his sprinkled in plays at UGA, and in his 1st year with OSU. Great for OSU’s system, but the greatest OSU Buckeye of all-time? That’s literally insane. I mean, it’s your guys’ team...but there are about 10-15 dudes I can think of off the top of my head that are better than Fields.

And if Lawrence went to OSU, Fields would be carrying his jock strap around. 

22 minutes ago, QBIso said:

Not sure what you mean by this. I watched Fields a ton in high school, his sprinkled in plays at UGA, and in his 1st year with OSU. Great for OSU’s system, but the greatest OSU Buckeye of all-time? That’s literally insane. I mean, it’s your guys’ team...but there are about 10-15 dudes I can think of off the top of my head that are better than Fields.

And if Lawrence went to OSU, Fields would be carrying his jock strap around. 

Nah man I went to the Osu Clemson game. Lawrence aint all that 

besides that one run Field looked like the better player all game. 

Lawrence is good but so is Fields

Kid made it to the Heisman finals as a true sophomore and would probably win it this year if it wasn’t for Covid 

Go back and watch him 

8 hours ago, QBIso said:

Sheesh...that's a bizarre take. Fields is a great college QB. I question his pro prospects though. He's got some accuracy issues and is playing in an extremely QB-friendly scheme that doesn't translate well to the pros. I don't really like him as an NFL prospect to be honest. Plus, am I the only person that thinks he fails the eye test for height? I've seen him listed as 6'5, but the dude looks like he's 6'2 tops. Maybe it has something to do with the gigantic OL OSU has...

You have seen him listed at 6'5, by who? The blind scout. he is about 6'2 1/2. Just googling his name, everything says he is either 6'2/6'3. I have never seen him listed as 6'5. He looks every bit of at least 6'2.

Accuracy issues? Dude has thrown more TDs than incomplete passes this year. Hell, two of his incomplete passes were dropped TDs. Its not like his WRs have bailed him out time after time. 

Watch the PSU game, tell me that he has accuracy issues  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yz904YA0Os8