College Football and Draft Discussion 2024

candyman93

3 minutes ago, MarkPrice25 said:

While I don't necessarily disagree, my question was more, "Is Crum really just a 6th round prospect?" He had himself a season last year, and it looks like he's picking up right where he left off this year. He's got a cannon for an arm and is mobile. How is he not getting more love? Is it just because he plays in the MAC?

It's just because he plays in the MAC, I'd say. His mechanics need some work, but I'd love a QB with those tools and athletic ability to be our sixth rounder.

1 hour ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

So you're basing your whole assessment on one game? All I need to know....

No not one game. Also watched ND bully him around. And he was a ghost last year against some of the stiffer competition. 

I don’t hate him as a prospect, but he’s not the next stud DT. There are like 3-4 DTs I would take over him this year despite it being a relatively weak class. 

Also, interior DL shouldn’t be dominated by bad college offensive lines. Half the time these teams weren’t even doubling him. He might still be injured, but I think it’s a bit of a cop-out to assume he is when there hasn’t been anything indicating this. 

Edited by QBIso

52 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

It's just because he plays in the MAC, I'd say. His mechanics need some work, but I'd love a QB with those tools and athletic ability to be our sixth rounder.

@MarkPrice25 Yeah, its the MAC. You need to be a physical freak of nature to get any looks at QB if your from a MAC school because scouts will always question the level of competition and never deem it good enough.

I will state the obvious as our first pick should be an impact player on defense whoever Browns deem BPA at de,dt, lb,or cb.  There are no impact S in first round so I see Browns looking at FA to find the right S.  In theory, Delpit and Greedy will be starters.  Garrett and Ward are elite.  Elliot, Wilson, and Takitaki at lb.  D line will need some work with Richardson one year left on contract.