College Football and Draft Discussion 2024

candyman93

3 hours ago, QBIso said:

He’s my leader in the clubhouse for our 1st. Absolute stud against the run, darn good against the pass.

If we could pull Paris Ford in the 1st and Jaelan Phillips in the 2nd, I’d hang myself upside down and blam on my own face.

Grab a DT, LB, CB, and another DE in the draft & FA. 

3 hours ago, QBIso said:

Twyman is actually my 2nd choice for pick #1 lol. He’s my fave DT prospect this year even tho he isn’t a prototypical dude. He’s gonna draw unfair Aaron Donald comparisons, but he isn’t THAT good. He’s gonna be a terror on pass rush downs as an interior rusher. Plus he’s surprisingly stout against the run despite his size. If we could pull Jalen Twyman in the 1st and Jaelan Phillips in the 2nd, I’d hang myself upside down and blam on my own face.

eP62EbG.jpg

Edited by NudeTayne
Starting to see a pattern here.
  • Like 4

8 hours ago, candyman93 said:

I just think long term we want 3 safeties and only 2 LBs, like the Saints.

I doubt they’ll give up on Delpit. I have to imagine they have him penciled in as a starter next year. Ronnie Harrison will have the other spot.

Paris can be the 3rd safety.

I think Delpit at FS, Ford at SS, and then Harrison as the Big Nickel. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, QBIso said:

I think Delpit at FS, Ford at SS, and then Harrison as the Big Nickel. 

With how injury-prone or secondary seems to be, this seems like a fine idea. It'll all come down to what we wanna run most of the time in the defense and if Ford is head and shoulders above who is on the board at CB when we pick. I'm penciling us in for the playoffs, so a (very) late first spent on Ford seems like good value. That said, this safety class looks really deep so maybe he'll be available in the second, possibly in a trade-up of we go with a guy like Twyman or Basham to help Myles.

tl;dr Covid, just end the season so we can draft already

Edited by NudeTayne

I don’t think Berry would do it. However, I’d strongly consider a CB with our 1st and trade up for Paris Ford.

I don’t trust Greedy to stay healthy at all. Don’t really trust Denzel a whole lot either, but he’s been better this year.

I want to stop the pass more than anything going forward. I want the offensive identity to be about running. I want the defense to be able to defend the pass.

Edited by candyman93

13 hours ago, candyman93 said:

I don’t think Berry would do it. However, I’d strongly consider a CB with our 1st and trade up for Paris Ford.

I don’t trust Greedy to stay healthy at all. Don’t really trust Denzel a whole lot either, but he’s been better this year.

I want to stop the pass more than anything going forward. I want the offensive identity to be about running. I want the defense to be able to defend the pass.

I’m not really worried about stopping the pass next year. Yeah ward and greedy aren’t reliable but ward will at least play most of the games and we’ll have delpit and Harrison together. I think you can sign a CB and be good there without using a 1st on one. We really really need LBs. Our LBs are basically non existent. They’re hue Jackson era bad. They get pushed around and ran right through by even the most average RB. LB and DT is where I’d spend most of my high picks. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

I’m not really worried about stopping the pass next year. Yeah ward and greedy aren’t reliable but ward will at least play most of the games and we’ll have delpit and Harrison together. I think you can sign a CB and be good there without using a 1st on one. We really really need LBs. Our LBs are basically non existent. They’re hue Jackson era bad. They get pushed around and ran right through by even the most average RB. LB and DT is where I’d spend most of my high picks. 

I don’t think it be worth it to spend draft picks anything in the first 3 rounds, on LB. I would focus that on the DL and Secondary, unless a LB prospect they really like falls to them. I would rather spend the draft capital at those two areas and use FA to address LBs. We don’t need these amazing LBs. We just need competent LBs. 

19 minutes ago, buno67 said:

I don’t think it be worth it to spend draft picks anything in the first 3 rounds, on LB. I would focus that on the DL and Secondary, unless a LB prospect they really like falls to them. I would rather spend the draft capital at those two areas and use FA to address LBs. We don’t need these amazing LBs. We just need competent LBs. 

I think front 7 help in general is where the focus should be.  I don't mind us trying to grab D line help first, if that's how the draft shakes out, but I also think grabbing a stud linebacker would be helpful too.  Our linebackers have been pretty much trash this year, and it's obvious.  The focus should be in getting players that can help us stop the run.  Unfortunately we have 2 fragile CB's, but when healthy, they seem good enough.  A healthy Harrison, and Delpit will be helpful next year too.  I would rather grab some better backup DB's in free agency next year, and dedicate the early draft picks on the DL, and LB.