College Football and Draft Discussion 2024

candyman93

5 hours ago, candyman93 said:

That’s a really big mistake.

I’ve seen nothing to suggest anybody in our secondary can stay healthy. When Ward is not in, they’re as bad as our LBs.

Agree with this completely.

Need at least one CB and one S as much as help for Myles.

6 hours ago, MWil23 said:

Oh I saw it. The trick is to send it to a bunch of fellow brethren in a PM so that they can forever keep the evidence before you hit that self destruct button

*doesn't delete post but hides it from all other ff timelines*

We at ff believe in our users' rights to express themselves freely in accordance with ff guidelines. Unfortunately, due to Covid, your rights may be subject to change, per subsequent guidelines to be established. Stand by.

6 hours ago, NateDawg said:

He’s all talk sometimes though. I keep reporting things to him and he says he will look into it. I want to see ACTION. 

*attaches fact-check to post*

Allegation: Tayne considers himself with the concerns of the smallfolk.

Verdict: false. Tayne is not listening.

We moderators take your concerns seriously. Unfortunately, due to Covid, we are understaffed and will not be able to look into your concern. Get bent.

*puts @NateDawg in ff jail*

I'll look into it.

Edited by NudeTayne
i'LL LooK iNTo iT
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, MWil23 said:

IMO we could go EDGE, CB, S, or LB in the 1st and I wouldn't argue with it as long as that was an immediate quality starter.

Yep, we need all of it tbh and the order we take them is irrelevant if we get good players.

It looks like we have 9 picks as of now.  I’d like to see a WR, OL and TE (just because we’re using so many and I can’t think Njoku will be back if they find a trade) on offense and the other 6 on defense.

Harrison, Delpit, Ward and Greedy is a nice start in the secondary, but none of them have shown to be durable.  I’d love to keep Mitchell for another year or two if he comes at a reasonable price. I have to image we need at least one corner and one S.

Goodson has been surprisingly decent, and by that I mean a middling starter, but he needs to be resigned. Mack and Takitaki are reserves/ST players as of now, but maybe they progress a bit. Phillips has done next to nothing.  We need at least one starting caliber LB. If that plug and play 3 down linebacker isn’t available R1/2, I’d probably wait until day 3 and just grab a pair of linebackers with varying skill sets. Get one 2 down, between the tackles thumper who struggles in coverage and a guy who excels in coverage but struggles at the POA.  Mix and match with packages to highlight their abilities.  I feel we have a bunch of guys who excel at nothing right now.

On the DL I’d like to see Larry back, but I wonder what type of deal he’ll want.  He’s been ok, but I wouldn’t throw a huge deal his way. I never thought I’d say it, but I’d be ok with OV back at the right price, Clayborn too.  If we can’t find a complete DE early, I’d look for a pass rush specials day 2/3.  We need someone who can provide some juice off the edge opposite Myles. Adding both a DT and a DE seems prudent imo.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bruceb said:

I think we are about past the point of simply needing to add bodies.

We need to get 2-3 impact players from the next draft.

We have a lot of draft capital.

I would use it to trade up for impact talent and down for future draft capital.

I’d normally agree, but this is a very deep draft IMO.

It will get nitpicked to death, but this is a quality class. Just look at the QBs alone.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, candyman93 said:

Justin is a special athlete.

Had to deal with awful snaps and still balled out.

Special athlete for sure and I see the potential but as Dan Orlovsky said in commentary He doesn’t progress off his  first read often and when he does he is to slow to do it.